Ford’s trickle of 2015 Falcon details has turned into something of a geiser, with new information and images pouring out of Ford Australia this week.
The carmaker has also released a set of new photos, including, for the first time, a look at the facelifted Falcon Utility (or ‘Ute’) in the popular XR6 trim.
As expected, the refreshed ‘FG X’ Falcon ute will carry the same profile and back-end styling as before - last updated with the FG series - while focusing its exterior changes on the front end.
Like its sedan sibling, the 2015 ute gets a new wide-open hexagonal grille and slender headlights, drawing on the looks of Ford’s new Mondeo and Mustang models.
Models in the ute range will include the XR6 shown here, along with the Falcon Cab Chassis, Falcon Styleside box, and range-topping XR6 Turbo Styleside.
Engine options for the revised ute range will include the 195kW/391Nm I6 and 198kW/409Nm LPG I6 in Falcon and XR6 models, while the top XR6 Turbo model will be driven by the 270kW/533Nm turbocharged I6.
A six-speed auto is standard with the regular petrol and EcoLPi models - in floor or column-shift form - while the XR6 and XR6 Turbo sports models can be had both with an auto (including manual mode) or a six-speed manual.
Features for the 2015 ute range include:
- 16 x 6.5 inch steel wheels
- Body coloured front bumper and door handles new bumper design
- Single Zone Climate control now standard
- Interior Command Centre with 8 inch TFT screen new
- SYNC 2 with Voice Control and Emergency Assist new
- SD card slot new
- Dual antenna system new
- 4-way power adjustable driver's seat
- Power windows and side mirrors
- Single CD audio system with 2 speakers
- Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls
- iPod integration
- Bluetooth mobile phone integration, Two USB music ports, 3.5mm auxiliary audio jack
- Dynamic Stability Control
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Traction Control
- Driver and front passenger airbags
- Side Head/Thorax Airbags
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Beltminder system (for driver and front passenger)
- 18 x 8 inch alloy wheels new design for XR6
- 19 x 8 inch alloy wheels new design for XR6 Turbo
- Unique front LED day time running lamps W shape new
- Rain sensing wipers new
- Unique XR front bumper new design
- Unique Sports Grilles with accent colour surrounds new design
- Front fog lamps
- Perforated Leather wrapped steering wheel, stitching with new accent colour thread
- Black upper environment new
- Prestige six-speaker audio sound system
- Cloth sports seats
- Sports Instrument cluster gauges and blue backlighting
Price and Launch
Pricing and launch details for the updated Falcon range will be confirmed later in the year, Ford says.
Watch for more 2015 Falcon and Territory news to surface in the coming weeks.
- Interested in buying FORD FALCON? Visit our FORD FALCON showroom for more information.