Ford’s refreshed and final 2015 Falcon series is nearly on the market, and this week the carmaker has revealed pricing across the full range.
The entry models are now more expensive, both increasing by $800, but the majority of the line-up benefits from noteable price cuts.
Importantly, all gain a range of new features that should add to the line-up’s appeal.
Opening the range is the 4.0 litre petrol Falcon ute in automatic cab-chassis form, priced at $29,390. In tubbed ‘Styleside’ form, the price grows slightly to $29,790.
Moving to the XR6 range bears barely any burden for buyers, with the opening XR6 manual cab-chassis priced at $29,940 - down by $3750.
Likewise, the XR6 manual styleside is priced at $30,440 (down $3550), while the hero XR6 Turbo ute tops the range at $37,710 (down $1380).
Shopping in the VF Commodore Ute range will see buyers starting at $33,490 (Ute and Ute SV6 alike), while the most affordable V8 option - the XR6 Turbo’s obvious rival - begins at $39,490 for the Ute SS.
Engine options for the revised Falcon Ute range will include the 195kW/391Nm I6 and 198kW/409Nm LPG I6 in Falcon and XR6 models, while the top XR6 Turbo model will be driven by the 270kW/533Nm turbocharged I6.
A six-speed auto is standard with the regular petrol and EcoLPi models - in floor or column-shift form - while the XR6 and XR6 Turbo sports models can be had both with an auto (including manual mode) or a six-speed manual.
Opting for the EcoLPi engine will attract a $2500 premium, while adding an auto to any of the manual models adds $2200.
Features for the 2015 ute range include:
- 16 x 6.5 inch steel wheels
- Body coloured front bumper and door handles new bumper design
- Single Zone Climate control now standard
- Interior Command Centre with 8 inch TFT screen new
- SYNC 2 with Voice Control and Emergency Assist new
- SD card slot new
- Dual antenna system new
- 4-way power adjustable driver's seat
- Power windows and side mirrors
- Single CD audio system with 2 speakers
- Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls
- iPod integration
- Bluetooth mobile phone integration, Two USB music ports, 3.5mm auxiliary audio jack
- Dynamic Stability Control
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Traction Control
- Driver and front passenger airbags
- Side Head/Thorax Airbags
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Beltminder system (for driver and front passenger)
- 18 x 8 inch alloy wheels new design for XR6
- 19 x 8 inch alloy wheels new design for XR6 Turbo
- Unique front LED day time running lamps W shape new
- Rain sensing wipers new
- Unique XR front bumper new design
- Unique Sports Grilles with accent colour surrounds new design
- Front fog lamps
- Perforated Leather wrapped steering wheel, stitching with new accent colour thread
- Black upper environment new
- Prestige six-speaker audio sound system
- Cloth sports seats
- Sports Instrument cluster gauges and blue backlighting
Price (excludes on-road costs)
- Falcon Ute 4.0L petrol auto cab-chassis - $29,390 (up $800)
- Falcon Ute 4.0L petrol auto styleside - $29,790 (up $800)
- XR6 Ute 4.0L petrol manual cab-chassis - $29,940 (down $3750)
- XR6 Ute 4.0L petrol manual styleside - $30,440 (down $3550)
- XR6 Turbo Ute 4.0L petrol manual styleside - $37,710 (down $1380)