Ford has today confirmed pricing for its 2015 ‘FG X’ Falcon sedan range, following details earlier this month of the line-up’s features and specifications.
The last-ever Falcon line-up will kick off with the base Falcon sedan, although it’s the XR6 that is now the most affordable model in the range.
Starting at $35,590 for the 4.0 litre petrol and six-speed manual model, the sporty XR6 comes in just under the $35,900 4.0 litre automatic Falcon.
Against the outgoing FG range, which starts at $37,235 for the entry XT sedan and $39,990 for the XR6, the new pricing also marks a significant price drop.
Importantly, the 2015 line-up’s pricing sees the Falcon made more competitive with the VF Commodore range, which starts at $35,490 for the entry Evoke and $36,490 for the SV6 sports model.
There are bigger reductions further into the 2015 Falcon range, with the G6E Turbo now a whopping $9685 more affordable at $46,550.
By comparison, the most affordable V8 Calais - no turbo six to be found in that range - is priced at $53,990.
LPG fans can add $2500 to the price of the Falcon and XR6 for the EcoLPi engine, while adding an auto transmission to the XR6 and XR6 turbo will attract a $2200 premium.
Ford’s four-cylinder turbocharged EcoBoost engine will again be offered, available as a no-cost option with the Falcon and Falcon G6E.
Standard with all models will be Ford’s SYNC 2 infotainment system with voice control, along with DAB+ digital radio with dual antennas, wi-fi hot spot and new alloy wheels.
The G6E and XR models will build on those features with the addition of rain-sensing wipers.
Upgraded safety across the range includes front and rear parking sensors, reversing camera (sedan only), and Emergency Assistance communication.
These join existing safety features that front/side/thorax airbags, Emergency Brake Assist, anti-lock brakes, electronic brakeforce distribution and Dynamic Stability Control.
The base Falcon rolls on 16-inch alloy wheels as standard, while the G6E gets new-design 18-inch alloys. G6E Turbo and XR6 Turbo models get 19-inch alloys.
Breakdown of new additions:
- Front parking sensors as standard (in addition to current standard rear parking sensors)
- SYNC2 with voice control for in-car entertainment, audio and climate systems
- SYNC2 Emergency Assistance
- Digital radio (DAB+)
- Wi-Fi hot spot capability
- SD card slot (note: slot used to support satellite navigation system where fitted)
- Two USB ports (ie. one extra port over current model)
- Eight-inch colour high-resolution touch screen standard on all models
- Eain sensing wipers (G6E and XR range)
The 2015 Falcon’s engine range will again include four- and six-cylinder mills, along with the eight-cylinder heart of the newly returned XR8.
Standard in the base Falcon is Ford’s 195kW/391Nm 4.0 litre inline six, while the 2.0 litre EcoBoost and 4.0 litre EcoLPi LPG will offer 179kW/353Nm and 198kW/409Nm respectively.
The G6E will be offered with the 195kW I6 and 179kW four-cylinder engines and, in G6E Turbo form, the 270kW/533Nm turbocharged 4.0 litre I6.
For the XR6, there’s the 195kW I6 and 198kW LPG I6, while the XR6 Turbo gets the 270kW turbocharged I6.
PRICING (excluding on-road costs)
The 2015 Falcon range goes on sale later this year, with timing to be confirmed closer to launch.
- Falcon - 4.0L Petrol (auto) $35,900
- Falcon XR6 - 4.0L Petrol (manual) $35,590
- Falcon XR6 - 4.0L Petrol (auto) $37,790
- Falcon XR6 Turbo - 4.0L Petrol (manual) $42,990
- Falcon XR6 Turbo - 4.0L Petrol (auto) $45,190
- Falcon G6E - 4.0L Petrol (auto) $40,110
- Falcon G6E Turbo - 4.0L Petrol (auto) $46,550
- Interested in buying FORD ? Visit our FORD showroom for more information.