Despite being developed in the horsepower-hungry United States of America, this latest Chrysler 300 SRT won’t be going on sale there.
Instead it has been specially developed to answer the needs of Australian customers.
Two versions are available, with an entry level SRT Core model and a more luxurious variant, simply badged SRT.
Both are powered by the same naturally aspirated 6.4 litre Hemi V8 delivering a hectic 350kW and 637Nm. As seen previously in the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, an eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic sends power to the rear wheels.
Outside there’s styling changes in line with the rest of the 300 range including new head and tail lights. SRT-specific details add deeper bumpers and side sills, a deeper mesh grille and, unique alloy wheel designs.
Compared to its predecessor, the new SRT range gains 3kw and 6Nm to lift outputs to 350Kw and 637Nm.
The 6.4 litre V8 also gains Fuel Saver Technology which allows the engine to run in four cylinder mode. Despite that, fuel consumption is unchanged at 13.0 l/100km.
Refinement scores a boost thanks to the adoption of an eight-speed automatic, with rotary 'e-shift' gear selector, stepping in for the outdated five speed auto. The SRT launch control system also gets a revamp and now includes driver-selectable rpm input.
Opt for the SRT Core and black Brembo brake calipers with four-wheel slotted rotors (360mm front and 350mm rear), steel-spring sports suspension, and a mechanical limited slip differential round out the mechanical package.
Step up to the flasher SRT and the Brembos cop a lick of red paint, while the suspension moves to a three-mode adaptive system.
Both variants also feature configurable drive modes that adjust the new electric power steering, throttle, and transmission responses through Default, Sport, and Track modes.
Both models roll on 20-inch alloy wheels, with satin black five-spoke design for SRT Core and a 10-spoke polished look for SRT. Xenon headlights, LED taillamps and SRT bumpers and side skirts are also part of the standard appearance package.
On the inside the SRT Core arrives with cloth seat trim, dual zone climate control, 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen infotainment system, six-speaker audio, proximity key, front and rear park sensors, and a reversing camera.
The more luxuriously appointed SRT variant gains leather and alcantara trim, 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio, satellite navigation, real carbon fibre interior highlights, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, forward collision warning and blind spot monitoring.
300 SRT Core
- 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen
- 20-inch satin black, machine faced aluminium wheels and performance tyres
- SRT Performance cloth seats
- Black Brembo Performance 4-piston brakes with slotted rotors front and rear
- Mechanical limited slip rear differential
- Four-wheel independent sport performance suspension
- Performance-tuned steering
- Launch control
- Interactive SRT Performance Pages
- Leather-wrapped SRT flat-bottom steering wheel
- 4-inch round exhaust tips
- Rear boot-lid spoiler
- SRT badging
- 20-inch fully polished forged aluminium wheels and performance tyres
- Leather and Alcantara suede-trimmed upholstery
- Red Brembo Performance 4-piston brakes with slotted rotors front and rear
- 3-mode adaptive damping performance suspension
- Harman Kardon 19-speaker audio including subwoofer and 900-watt amplifier
- Real Carbon Fibre interior trim
- 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen with satellite navigation
- Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with Full Stop
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning Plus
- Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus
- Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Path Detection
- 300 SRT Core: $59,000
- 300SRT: $69,000
- Interested in buying CHRYSLER 300? Visit our CHRYSLER 300 showroom for more information.