Chrysler's 300 large sedan range has been revamped, gaining a new front and rear look, improved interior trims, tweaked equipment levels, an electric power steering system and improved suspension components.
The range has been rationalised too. the diesel has been cut from the 300 lineup, and in the absence of the 300 SRT (it arrives late in 2015) the 300 is now exclusively powered by a 3.6 litre petrol V6.
And there are significantly fewer grades to choose from no too. Chrysler has boiled the selection of models down from six to just two - the 300C and 300C Luxury.
And the price of entry has risen to suit. Without the previous 300 Limited base model, the cheapest way into a brand-new 300 is the $49,000 300C - which itself is $2500 than last year's 300C.
The 300C Luxury meanwhile jumps $3000 to sit at $54,000 before on-road costs.
The 300's 3.6 litre petrol V6 carries over with no changes, and still produces 210kW of power and 340Nm of torque.
Hooked up to an eight-speed automatic transmission (which gets a sports shift mode and steering-wheel mounted shift paddles in the 300C Luxury), the V6 takes power to the rear wheels and returns fuel economy of 9.4 l/100km for the 300C and 9.7 l/100km in the 300C Luxury.
New for 2016 is an electric power steering system, which Chrysler says is more efficient and offers better feel than before.
The 300 also rides on new cast-alloy suspension components, which reduce weight and enhance handling performance.
Besides the new front and rear bumpers, LED headlamps, new wheels and reshaped grille, the more noticeable differences are on the inside.
A new 7-inch colour LCD instrument cluster sits between the analogue speedo and tachometer, while a rotary gear selector for the standard eight-speed automatic resides on the centre console.
The three-spoke steering wheel is also new for 2016, and material quality has been improved to enhance the 300's luxury credentials.
300C standard features:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Perforated Nappa leather-trimmed upholstery
- 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen with satellite navigation
- 7-inch configurable instrument cluster display
- 9-Speaker audio system
- Adaptive Bi-Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlights
- Acoustic windshield and front door glass
- Dual-zone climate control
- Ventilated and heated power front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Rerversing camera and front and rear parking sensors
- Keyless entry and ignition
- DAB+ digital radio
- Cruise control
- Dusk-sensing headlamps
- LED fog & tail lamps
- Heated/cooled front cup holders
300C Luxury features (in addition to above):
- 20-inch polished alloy wheels
- Quilted Nappa leather-trimmed interior
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Warning
- Blind-Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Path Detection
- Rain-sensitive wipers and automatic high-beam headlamp control
- Sport mode with steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters
- Driver seat, outside rear vision mirror and radio memory
- Ventilated front seats
- Luxury steering wheel