Audi has given its A3 and S3 engine range a going-over for 2015, bringing power increases and improved economy to some models.
In the A3 Sportback range, both 1.4 litre petrol options now have more power, with 92kW (up 2kW) for the regular engine and 110kW (up 7kW) for the Cylinder On Demand (COD) unit.
Fuel consumption in the Sportback has improved to 4.9 l/100km for the regular 1.4 litre unit and remains at 4.7 l/100km for the COD engine.
The 1.4 litre COD powerplant is also available in the A3 Sedan and Cabriolet, with fuel figures of 4.7 and 4.9 l/100km respectively.
All A3 1.8 litre TFSI quattro models retain the same power output from last year but see a drop in fuel usage of 0.1 l/100km.
For diesel buyers, the entry-level 1.6 litre engine found only in the A3 Sportback now produces 81kW (up 4kW) while retaining its frugal 3.9 l/100km fuel figure.
The larger 2.0 litre diesel unit continues with its 110kW/350Nm output but now uses 0.1 l/100km less fuel, returning 4.4 l/100km in the Sportback and Sedan and 4.7 l/100km in the Cabriolet.
Audi’s S3 Sportback, Sedan and Cabriolet models are all powered by a 2.0 litre petrol engine which also receives a boost in performance; up 4kW for a new output of 210kW.
The Sportback and Sedan variants in the S3 return 6.9 l/100km while the Cabriolet has a fuel figure of 7.1 l/100km.
All fuel figures for the 2015 A3 and S3 have been calculated using Audi’s S-tronic automatic transmission, being the only option for A3 Sedan or Cabriolet models in six- or seven-speed guises depending on the variant.
A six-speed manual is a no-cost option in the A3 Sportback with the regular 1.4 or 1.8 litre petrol engines, along with the 1.8 petrol-powered Sportback quattro.
The S3 Cabriolet is also an auto-only affair, while the S3 Sportback and Sedan are available with the six-speed manual.
All manual transmission options across the A3 and S3 range add 0.1 l/100km to the S-tronic’s fuel figure.
Speaking with TMR, Audi Australia’s Shaun Cleary estimated that manual gearboxes make up just 10 percent of S3 sales, and around 1-2 percent of Audi’s wider A3 range.
The 2015 Audi A3 and S3 models are available now, priced from $35,900 plus on-road costs.
MORE: 2015 Audi RS3 Revealed, Australian Launch Confirmed
MORE News & Reviews: Audi | A3 | S3
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
2015 AUDI A3 & S3
- 1.4 TFSI S-tronic / manual- 92kW - 4.9 l/100km - $35,900
- 1.6 TDI S-tronic - 81kW - 3.9 l/100km - $36,900
- 1.4 TFSI COD S-tronic - 110kW - 4.7 l/100km - $38,500
- 1.8 TFSI S-tronic / manual - 132kW - 5.6 l/100km - $43,100
- 2.0 TDI S-tronic - 110kW - 4.4 l/100km - $43,200
- 1.8 TFSI quattro S-tronic / manual - 132kW - 6.5 l/100km - $46,100
- 1.4 TFSI COD S-tronic - 110kW - 4.7 l/100km - $40,100
- 1.8 TFSI S-tronic - 132kW - 5.6 l/100km - $45,400
- 2.0 TDI S-tronic - 110kW - 4.4 l/100km - $45,500
- 1.8 TFSI quattro S-tronic - 132kW - 6.5 l/100km - $48,400
- 1.4 TFSI COD S-tronic - 110kW - 4.9 l/100km - $47,600
- 1.8 TFSI S-tronic - 132kW - 5.8 l/100km - $52,200
- 2.0 TDI S-tronic - 110kW - 4.7 l/100km - $52,200
- 1.8 TFSI quattro S-tronic - 132kW - 6.6 l/100km - $55,200
- S3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI quattro S-tronic / manual - 210kW - 6.9 l/100km - $61,100
- S3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI quattro S-tronic / manual - 210kW - 6.9 l/100km - $63,400
- S3 Cabriolet 2.0 TFSI quattro S-tronic - 210kW - 7.1 l/100km - $70,500
Note: Manual transmission adds 0.1L/100km
- Interested in buying AUDI A3? Visit our AUDI A3 showroom for more information.