VOLVO S60 POLESTAR AUSTRALIA
Volvo has announced a significant saving for its hero S60 Polestar performance sedan this week, shaving a full $10,000 from its list price.
Now pegged at $99,950 plus on-roads, the updated Polestar drops below the $100,000 barrier for the first time since its pre-facelift predecessor arrived last year.
The realigned pricing comes just one month after the 2014 model hit Australia, but Volvo Australia boss Matt Braid says the shift is a result of listening to buyer feedback.
“We are fully committed to the S60 Polestar and said at the very start of this journey that we would listen carefully to feedback in order to make this car a success and capitalise on our V8 Supercars program,” Mr Braid said.
“Like every manufacturer, we also closely monitor our competitive set, so in respect of recent adjustments made elsewhere, we’ve reduced the Manufacturer’s List Price of the S60 Polestar.”
“We believe this realignment, combined with the improvements of the next-generation car, make the Volvo S60 Polestar a truly viable alternative in the high-performance, luxury sedan segment.”
Volvo will be hoping that the new sub-$100k pricing will boost the S60 Polestar’s appeal for buyers considering the likes of Audi’s 245kW and $105,000 S4 Sedan.
In the S60 Polestar, buyers are treated to an impressive (see TMR’s reviews here) 257kW and 500Nm turbo six-cylinder engine, matched to a six-speed auto and a Haldex all-wheel-drive system.
Chassis upgrades include increased rigidity, with 80 percent stiffer springs compared to a standard S60 T6 R-Design.
The company says that these changes, along with specifically tuned Öhlins shocks and 19-inch Polestar graphite alloy wheels result in a “precise, yet comfortable, ride.”
Volvo promises a 0-100km/h time of 4.9 seconds, on its way to a top speed of 250km/h.
Other features include:
- Polestar-embossed charcoal leather/nubuck sports front seats
- Polestar leather illuminated gearshift
- Perforated leather, three-spoke multi-function sport steering wheel with paddleshift
- Sensus Connect Premium Sound Multimedia with 10 speakers, Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound system, Bluetooth and audio-streaming, 7-inch colour display and voice-activated Sensus navigation
- Bi-Xenon Active Bending Lights with Active High Beam and LED daytime running lights
- Rear parking camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Keyless entry and drive with Personal Car Communicator
- Adaptive Digital Display with active TFT crystal display
- Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Warning, Queue Assist, Pedestrian & Cyclist Detection
- City Safety autonomous braking, Road Sign recognition system