As per its smaller siblings, 4WD dual-cabs fitted with diesel engines can now be optioned with a new five-speed automatic transmission, while the five-speed manual option remains standard.
The new auto reduces fuel consumption to 8.7 l/100km for 4WD diesel models, marking an improvement of more than six percent over the previous model.
Pricing has increased across the board, starting from an extra $500 for the 4WD cab-chassis diesel while all 4.0 litre petrol V6 models have seen a $1000 price-rise.
The dual cab range now kicks off at $27,490 plus on-roads for the rear-wheel-drive 2.7 litre four-cylinder manual, rounding out at $54,490 plus on-roads for the 4WD automatic, fitted with either the diesel or V6 petrol engines.
All 4WD Toyota HiLuxs now score a 5-Star ANCAP safety rating, with electronic stability control standard across the 4WD range, while the top-shelf SR5 variants also now come with a reversing camera.
Inside, the updated HiLux gets a new 6.1-inch display screen for the audio system along with fresh interior colours and materials, while the SR5 now adds live traffic updates to its satellite navigation system.
Leather-accented seats with power adjustment for the driver’s seat are available for the SR5 dual-cab diesel, priced at $1,500.
In total, there are now 11 dual cab HiLux variants on sale in Australia, joining six single-cab and five Extra-Cab models, with the total of 22 variants split evenly between 2WD and 4WD.
The 2014 Toyota HiLux Dual-Cab goes on sale this month.
NOTE: 2013 model pictured at the top of the article, photos to come.
PRICING: 2014 Toyota HiLux Dual Cab (excludes on-road costs)
HILUX 4X2 PICK-UP
- 2.7-litre 4-cyl petrol Workmate manual - $27,490 (+ $500)
- 2.7-litre 4-cyl petrol Workmate automatic - $29,740 (+ $750)
- 3.0-litre 4-cyl turbo-diesel SR manual - $33,990 (+ $1,000)
- 4.0-litre V6 petrol SR automatic - $38,490 (+ $1,000)
- 4.0-litre V6 petrol SR5 automatic - $45,990 (+ $1,000)
- 3.0-litre 4-cyl turbo-diesel SR manual - $40,990 (+ $500)
- 3.0-litre 4-cyl turbo-diesel SR manual - $42,490 (+ $500)
- 3.0-litre 4-cyl turbo-diesel SR auto - $45,240 (+ $750)
- 3.0-litre 4-cyl turbo-diesel SR5 manual - $51,740 (+ $750)
- 3.0-litre 4-cyl turbo-diesel SR5 auto - $54,490 (+ $1,000)
- 4.0-litre V6 petrol SR5 automatic - $54,490 (+ $1,000)
- Premium paint – all grades: $550 (no change)
- Air-conditioning – Workmate, SR: $2,051 including fit fee (no change)
- Leather-accented seats – 4x4 SR5 turbo-diesel Double Cab pick-ups: $1,500 (new)