2014 NISSAN X-TRAIL AUSTRALIA
The range kicks off from $27,990 with 2WD and 4WD petrol models, while diesel models will join the line-up later in the year.
The new entry price makes the 2014 X-Trail around $500 less than the outgoing model, and nearly line-ball with Mazda's segment-leading $27,880 CX-5.
Three familiar trim-grades are on offer, opening with the base X-Trail ST, through to the mid-range ST-L and the top-shelf Ti model.
There is also a choice of two petrol engines, along with manual and CVT auto transmissions. Five- and seven-seat options are also available.
Engines & Transmissions
The two petrol powertrains include a 106kW/200Nm 2.0 litre unit, limited to the entry-level ST two-wheel-drive model, and a more powerful 126kW/226Nm 2.5 litre engine for up-spec models
Depending on the model, transmission options include a six-speed manual and Nissan’s XTronic CVT automatic.
The ST 2WD is the only model to get a manual transmission (mated to the 2.0 litre engine).
All other models, in both two- and four-wheel-drive form, will be offered exclusively with the larger 2.5 litre engine and the CVT auto.
Fuel consumption for the five-seat ST 2.0 2WD Manual is listed at 8.2 l/100km on the combined cycle, while the 2.5 2WD CVT models list fuel use at 7.9 l/100km.
Move up to the seven-seat 2.5 2WD CVT models or the five-seat AWD 2.5 CVT models and fuel consumption varies between 8.1 and 8.3 l/100km.
Suspension in the new X-Trail is by independent struts at the front and a multi-link arrangement at the rear.
All models get ventilated disc brakes all-round, along with ABS, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), and Brake Assist (BA).
There's also an electric power steering wheel system, along with Active Ride Control (ARC), Active Engine Brake and Active Trace Control (ATC).
The new X-Trail offers 210mm ground clearance - down 5mm from the outgoing model - while approach and departure angles have gone from 28 and 24 degress respectively to 24.8 and 17.3 degrees in the new model.
Across the range, for both engines, the X-Trail's towing capacity is rated at 1500kg braked and 750kg unbraked.
The new X-Trail is slightly larger than its predecessor, measuring 4640mm in length (+5mm), 1820mm wide (+10) and 1710mm tall (+10).
It rides on a much longer wheelbase, however, growing from 2630mm to 2705mm. Depending on the model, the new X-Trail weighs between 1437 and 1574kg.
Storage is listed at 500 litres with the rear seats upright, expanding to 1520 litres when folded flat.
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Scratch Shield body coating
- Five-inch LCD colour QVDA monitor
- Intelligent Key with push button start, cruise control
- AM/FM radio, 1CD, MP3, USB, AUX, Bluetooth, NissanConnect Smartphone Connectivity
- EZ Flex Seating with second row 40/20/40 split fold-down sliding/reclining bench seat
- Wide-opening rear doors featuring 80 degree opening
- Divide ’N’ Hide flexible cargo storage system (five-seat variants)
- Rear View Camera
- Driver and passenger front airbags, side and curtain airbags
- Second row ISOFIX and top tether anchor points for child seats
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist (BA), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Hill Decent Control (HDC), Hill Start Assist (HSA) and LSD (Limited Slip Differential) – 2.5L four-wheel-drive only
- Active Trace Control, Active Engine Control, Body Motion Control
X-TRAIL ST-L adds:
- Front fog lamps
- Roof rails
- Privacy glass
- Seven-inch LCD colour QVDA monitor
- Around View® Monitor
- Satellite navigation with AM/FM, 1CD, USB, AUX, Bluetooth® ^^
- Digital Radio
- Leather-accented seats, steering wheel, shift knob ^
- Power front driver seat with electric lumbar support
- Heated driver and passenger front seats
- Dual Zone climate control
X-TRAIL Ti adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- Motion sensor activated power tailgate
- Auto-levelling headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Intelligent Key including rear power tail gate open/close
- Power tilt and slide sunroof
- Rear view mirror with auto Anti-Dazzle
- Lane departure warning
- Moving object detection
- Blind spot warning
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
- ST 2.0L Manual - $27,990 ($31,155 estimated drive-away)
- ST 2.5L Xtronic - $30,490 ($33,727)
- ST 2.5L Xtronic - Seven Seat - $31,580 ($34,853)
- ST-L 2.5L Xtronic - $36,190 ($39,601)
- ST-L 2.5L Xtronic - Seven Seat - $37,190 ($40,631)
- ST 2.5L Xtronic - $33,980 ($37,325)
- ST-L 2.5L Xtronic - $39,080 ($42,575)
- Ti 2.5L Xtronic - $44,680 ($48,343)
- Interested in buying NISSAN ? Visit our NISSAN showroom for more information.