2014 MAZDA CX-5 AUSTRALIA
Mazda has given its top-selling CX-5 SUV a "pre-Christmas makeover" this week, bringing improved handling, a handful of new standard equipment, and a new safety pack.
On the driving front, the 2014 CX-5 picks up re-tuned dampers, bushers and stabilisers, promising improved ride comfort.
The top-shelf Akera model now offers Smart City Brake Support as standard equipment - the first Mazda to do so - which automatically applies the brakes at speeds between 4-30km/h if a possible collision is detected.
Akera and Grand Touring models also get a new memory function for the front seats, while Maxx Sport, Grand Touring and Akera grades get an updated silver finish to their alloy wheels.
All automatic models across the CX-5 range also now get a new straight-shift transmission lever.
For automatic versions of the Maxx Sport, there's a $1490 Safety Pack that adds Blind Spot Monitoring (including a lit LED icon in the side mirrors), Smart City Brake Support and an auto-dimming rear-view mirror.
Pricing for Maxx and Maxx Sport models remain unchanged, but there's a price increase of $400 and $800 for Grand Touring and Akera models.
The 2014 CX-5 range is otherwise unchanged.
MORE: CX-5 News And Reviews
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
- 2.0L petrol FWD Maxx man - $27,880 (unchanged)
- 2.0L petrol FWD Maxx auto - $29,880 (unchanged)
- 2.0L petrol FWD Maxx Sport auto - $33,620 (unchanged)
- 2.0L petrol FWD Maxx Sport auto with Safety Pack - $35,110 (new)
- 2.5L petrol AWD Maxx auto - $32,880 (unchanged)
- 2.5L petrol AWD Maxx Sport auto - $36,620 (unchanged)
- 2.5L petrol AWD Maxx Sport auto with Safety Pack - $38,110 (new)
- 2.2L diesel AWD Maxx Sport auto - $39,470 (unchanged)
- 2.2L diesel AWD Maxx Sport auto with Safety Pack - $40,960 (new)
- 2.5L petrol AWD Grand Touring auto - $44,180 (+$400)
- 2.2L diesel AWD Grand Touring auto - $47,030 (+$400)
- 2.5L petrol AWD Akera auto - $46,570 (+$800)
- 2.2L diesel AWD Akera auto - $49,420 (+$800)