Audi has given its S4 and S5 performers a pricing shake-up, significantly reducing the cost of entry for all models across both lines.
Kicking off from $105,000, the S4 Sedan is nearly $15,000 more affordable, while buyers in the S5 range are $16,400 better off.
Audi Australia boss Andrew Doyle said the new pricing is in response to increased demand in the ‘S’ range, thanks in part to the success of the $90,600 SQ5 SUV. (Which, ironically, has gone up in price since it launched at $89,400 last year.)
“The recent success of the SQ5 TDI has led us to re-align pricing of our TFSI petrol-powered passenger car models to bring them closer to the outstanding offer of the SQ5 TDI. Customers wanting a mid-sized performance vehicle from Audi now have a greater choice, at more attainable pricing,” Mr Doyle said.
“Given the increase in customer interest in these models, spurred on by the sensational new SQ5 TDI, we are delighted to be able to respond with increased value for these highly desirable performance models from our passenger car range.”
This year has brought a solid boost for Audi performance models, with Australian sales of S, RS and R8 variants to the end of March increasing more than 400 percent over the same period in 2013.
For the S4 and S5 models alone, Audi reports a year-on-year sales increase of 475 percent.
Among the standard features across the two S4 and three S5 models include are:
- ‘S’ specific sports suspension
- Sports front seats with alcantara and leather upholstery
- S sports seats with Fine Nappa leather (S5 Coupe only)
- Sports steering wheel in ‘S’ design (multi-function, flat-bottomed design and paddle shifters)
- Audi sound system with 6-channel amplifier, 10 speakers including subwoofer and total output of 180w
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights
- MMI Navigation plus with 7-inch colour display, 20GB hard drive, 2 x SDHC card readers and voice control system
- Audi parking system plus, front and rear sensors with rear view camera
- Convenience key with full keyless entry and start
- 3-zone dual climate control air-conditioning
All S4 and S5 models are powered by a supercharged 245kW/440Nm 3.0 litre TFSI petrol engine.
In the case of the S5 Coupe and the S4 Sedan, Audi claims 0-100km/h times of 4.9 and 5.0 seconds respectively.
Fuel consumption figures vary across the range, with a combined-cycle low of 8.1 l/100km listed.
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
Audi S4 Sedan - $105,000
Audi S4 Avant - $108,500
Audi S5 Coupe - $119,000
Audi S5 Sportback - $119,000
Audi S5 Cabriolet - $129,000
- Interested in buying AUDI ? Visit our AUDI showroom for more information.