AUDI S3 SEDAN AUSTRALIA
Entering as a four-door companion to the $59,900 S3 Sportback that arrived in December, the S3 Sedan hits local showrooms at $62,200 plus on-road costs.
The S3 Sedan is pegged as a more lifestyle-focused offering, arriving to take on the likes of the Mercedes-Benz CLA in the small premium sedan segment.
And while the S3 doesn't offer the power - or bear the price tag - of the $86,900 CLA 45 AMG, it manages to undercut the significantly less powerful $64,900 CLA 250 Sport.
Powered by the same 2.0 litre TFSI turbocharged four-cylinder engine that drives the S3 Sportback and the Volkswagen Golf R, the Australian-market S3 Sedan offers 206kW and 380Nm of torque.
Matched exclusively to Audi’s six-speed s-tronic dual-clutch auto and quattro all-wheel-drive system, the S3 Sedan boasts a 0-100km/h time of just 5.0 seconds.
Buyers that prefer to ‘row their own’ must look toward the Sportback model, which can also be had with a six-speed manual that promises a 0-100km/h time of 5.4 seconds.
In auto sedan form, the 1450kg S3 lists fuel use at 6.9 l/100km, matching the figures claimed for the S3 Sportback.
Like the hatch, the S3 Sedan sits 25mm lower than its regular A3 stablemates, and gets a 6mm shorter wheelbase - a tweak that Audi says contributes to noteably more responsive handling.
As with the hatch, the S3 sedan adds unique grille, bumper and intake styling, along with quad exhaust tips at the rear.
Creature comforts and features in the new S3 include:
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch
- Audi parking system plus: park assist, front & rear sensors with rear view camera
- 18-inch alloy wheels in 5-parallel spoke design
- ‘S’ specific body kit
- ‘S’ exhaust system with quad tailpipes
- ‘S’ sports suspension
- Sport seats in fine Nappa leather, with electric seat adjustment and heating for front seats
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Dual-zone climate control with digital display and rear air vents
- Leather-wrapped, multi-function flat-bottom steering wheel
- Convenience key
A $4990 ‘S Performance’ package is also available, which adds 19-inch alloys, Audi Magnetic Ride, LED headlights, S sports seats with Nappa leather and diamond stitching, Bang & Olufsen audio and red painted brake calipers.
PRICING (excludes on-road costs)
- S3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic and manual - $59,900
- S3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic - $62,200