Volkswagen has fleshed out the bottom end of its 2013 Tiguan SUV range this week, adding an automatic transmission to the entry 118TSI front-wheel-drive model.
Priced from $30,990 plus on-roads, the DSG auto-equipped Tiguan 118TSI joins the existing six-speed manual model, still priced at $28,490.
As with its manual sibling, the 118TSI DSG is powered by a 'twincharged' four-cylinder petrol engine, producing 118kW and 240Nm of torque.
Equipped with the manual, the 118TSI lists fuel consumption at 6.9 l/100km. Opt for the auto and that figure climbs slightly to 7.3 l/100km.
Tiguan 118TSI models also benefit from idle-stop and brake energy recuperation systems.
Standard features with 118TSI models includes cruise control, Bluetooth calling and audio streaming, multi-function leather steering wheel, brake auto hold and daytime running lights.
Safety equipment includes six airbags, electronic stability program and brake assist. There's also the option of Volkswagen' Park Assist 2, which automates part of the parking process for drivers.
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
- 2013 Tiguan 118TSI - 6-Speed Manual - $28,490
- 2013 Tiguan 118TSI - 6-Speed DSG - $30,990
- 2013 Tiguan 132TSI Pacific - 7-Speed DSG - $35,990
- 2013 Tiguan 103TDI - 7-Speed DSG - $38,490
- 2013 Tiguan 155TSI - 7-Speed DSG - $42,990
Note: all prices are Manufacturer’s List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.
- Interested in buying VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN? Visit our VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN showroom for more information.