Suzuki Australia has rolled out a number of key updates for its Swift light car this week, courtesy of a switch to production at the company's new Thailand plant.
Cruise control and Bluetooth is now standard equipment in the mid-spec GL model, while the already Bluetooth-ready GLX also picks up cruise control.
Suzuki says that while the upgrades to the GL are worth $850, the price has increased by just $300. The addition of cruise control to the GLX has come with no extra cost to the customer.
Speaking on the move from Japanese to Thai supply, Suzuki Australia boss Tony Devers said: “We’ve conducted several inspections of the plant and the product and come away extremely impressed by the quality."
“It’s indicative of Suzuki’s obsession with quality control. We have numerous global factories in sites including India, China, Indonesia and Hungary and the vehicles are all made to the same standards, irrespective of where they are produced.”
The Swift's move to Thai production joins a growing number of models built in the Kingdom, with more than 170,000 Australian-bought models in 2012 beginning life on the peninsula.
The popular Swift Sport will continue to be sourced from Japan however, and its pricing and specification remains unchanged for 2013.
Australian-delivered 2013 Suzuki Swift Features
- Front airbags, seat-mounted side airbags, side curtain airbags, driver’s knee airbag
- ESP stability control, ABS brakes with EBD and BA
- Four-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system with USB port
- Air conditioner
- Power windows, power mirrors
- Remote central locking
- 15-inch steel wheels
Mid-range GL adds:
- Body-coloured door handles / side mirrors
- Mirror-mounted side indicators
- Leather steering wheel with audio controls
- Six-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system
- Tachometer, Bluetooth, cruise control
- 16-inch alloy wheels, rear wheel disc brakes
- Telescopically adjustable steering wheel
- Keyless entry/start system
- Climate control air conditioner
- Front fog lamps
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
- Swift GA (manual) - $15,990
- Swift GA (automatic) - $17,990
- Swift GL (manual) - $16,990
- Swift GL (auto) - $18,990
- Swift GLX (manual) - $18,990
- Swift GLX (auto) - $20,990
- Swift Sport (manual) - $23,990
- Swift Sport (auto) - $25,990