Due to go on sale in December, the new model brings a reduced entry price of $42,300 (down $2690) for the basic TD4 manual model plus several features introduced by Freelander’s Evoque platform cousin earlier this year.
Visual updates include revised head and taillights with LED integration, along with detail changes to the grille and front auxiliary lights.
Mechanically, the new Freelander 2 drops the previous Si6 inline six-cylinder engine in favour of the 177kW Si4 2.0 litre turbo four seen in the Evoque, reducing CO2 figures for the petrol option by 14 percent.
On the inside, a new centre console design is joined by revised trim choices, a seven inch multimedia interface screen and five inch vehicle information screen ahead of the driver.
New features include the options of 380/825 Watt Meridian sound systems from the Evoque, upgraded sat nav, plus ‘Say What You See’ voice activation and a rear view camera with ‘Hitch Assist’ graphic.
- Freelander 2 2.2 TD4 - manual - $42,300
- Freelander 2 2.2 TD4 SE - automatic - $54,100
- Freelander 2 2.0 Si4 SE - automatic - $55,600
- Freelander 2 2.2 SD4 SE - automatic - $56,600
- Freelander 2 2.2 SD4 HSE - automatic - $64,500
- Freelander 2 2.2 SD4 HSE Luxury - automatic - $68,400
- Interested in buying LAND ROVER ? Visit our LAND ROVER showroom for more information.