Kia's ageing Rondo will soon be reborn as an all-new model; our new spy photos reveal that development of the people-mover is nearing completion.
Known in its home market as the Carens, the current second-generation Rondo has been on the market since 2006. Alongside the Grand Carnival, it remains one of the oldest models in the Australian Kia line-up.
Shown here with its lightest load of camouflage yet, the new Rondo will feature the same wide 'tiger nose' grille worn by the brand's newest models (and updated older models), along with long headlights and LED daytime running lights.
The tall roofline of the current people-mover will continue here, and the new Rondo is expected to share its platform with the Hyundai Elantra.
Both cars are expected to offer seating for up to seven passengers.
With development clearly in the final stages, we can likely look forward to a Los Angeles Auto Show debut in November, with a market launch in early 2013.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Rondo news and reviews | Kia news and reviews
- People Mover news and reviews | Family Car news and reviews
- Los Angeles Auto Show | Spy Photos
- Interested in buying KIA RONDO? Visit our KIA RONDO showroom for more information.