Hyundai Australia has introduced a new model into its ix35 SUV line-up, along with a number of specification upgrades for 2013.
The mid-range Elite model will now be available in two-wheel-drive form, joining the existing entry-level Active 2WD.
As with the Active version, the two-wheel-drive ix35 Elite is driven by Hyundai's 2.0 litre petrol engine, producing 122kW and 197Nm of torque.
Paired with a six-speed automatic transmission only in Elite form, fuel consumption is listed at 8.5 l/100km.
All Elite models, two-wheel- and all-wheel-drive, have also gained new features, including an electro-chromatic rear-view mirror and fully automatic dual-zone climate control air conditioning.
A rear-view camera has also been added, its image displaying in the satellite navigation screen.
Hyundai's new satellite navigation system is now featured in both Elite and top-shelf Highlander trim, featuring a 6.5-inch touch screen integrated into the dash.
The system features SUNA live traffic updates, a Point of Interest (POI) database, and Navteq maps with a three year MapCare plan.
The nav system includes full maps in 2D and '3D', split screen display, motorway junction views, lane guidance, speed warnings, 3D landmark visuals, multi-route planning (fast, short, eco) and detour function, and address input with intelligent typewriter.
The entry-level Active models have also been upgraded, gaining a five-inch touch-screen audio system, with six speakers and tweeters, iPod/USB/auxiliary and Bluetooth connectivity (phone and audio streaming) and hard-drive album storage.
The ix35 range is also covered by Hyundai's updated iCare program. More about the iCare package here.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- ix35 news and reviews | Hyundai news and reviews
- SUV news and reviews | Family Car news and reviews
- 2.0-litre petrol five-speed manual 2WD - $26,990
- 2.0- litre petrol six-speed automatic 2WD - $28,990
ix 35 Elite
- 2.0- litre petrol six-speed automatic 2WD - $32,590
- 2.4- litre petrol six-speed automatic AWD - $34,990
- 2.0- Litre Diesel six-speed automatic AWD - $37,590
ix 35 Highlander
- 2.4- Litre Petrol six-speed automatic AWD - $37,590
- 2.0- Litre Diesel six-speed automatic AWD - $39,990
- Interested in buying HYUNDAI IX35? Visit our HYUNDAI IX35 showroom for more information.