Volkswagen Australia has announced pricing for its updated-for-2012 Polo light car, adding new features across the range, along with new starting prices.
The three-door body of the entry-level Trendline variant has also been retired, with the arrival of the five-door version making room for the incoming Up! city car.
As a result, the top-shelf Polo GTI is now the only the variant available in both three-door and five-door form.
For 2012, the Polo range will kick off with the $16,990 five-door Trendline, featuring the same 63kW/132Nm four-cylinder petrol engine and five-speed manual transmission.
Moving up to the Comfortline grade, the petrol-powered 77TSI has shifted down in price from $19,850 to $18,990
Pricing for the Polo 66TDI has also been reduced, falling from $22,350 to $21,490.
New features for the 2012 Polo include Bluetooth phone connectivity and Volkswagen's Media Device Interface system, along with daytime driving lights. All are now standard across the range.
The GTI variant has also gained new features, including the RCD510 touchscreen audio system, automatic climate control, rain-sensing wipers and an automatically dimming rear-view mirror.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Volkswagen Specifications
- Polo news and reviews
- Up! news and reviews
- Volkswagen news and reviews
- Polo Trendline - 5-speed manual - $16,990 (new)
- Polo Trendline - 7-speed DSG - $19,490 (new)
- Polo 77TSI Comfortline - 6-speed manual - $18,990 (prev $19,850)
- Polo 77TSI Comfortline - 7-speed DSG - $21,490 (prev $22,350)
- Polo 66TDI Comfortline - 5-speed manual - $21,490 (prev (prev $22,350)
- Polo 66TDI Comfortline - 7-speed DSG - $23,990 (prev $24,850)
- Polo GTI 3-door - 7-speed DSG - $27,790 (unchanged)
- Polo GTI 5-door - 7-speed DSG - $28,990 (unchanged)
Note: all prices are Manufacturer’s List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.