RENAULT MEGANE DIESEL
Renault has added a diesel option to its Megane line-up in Australia, joining the existing 2.0 litre petrol range and kicking off at $27,490.
With the arrival of the diesel engine, Renault boosts its assault on Australia's small car segment, where the diesel versions of the Volkswagen Golf, Holden Cruze, Mazda3 and Hyundai i30 are well represented.
"I can say without doubt that the new Megane hatch diesel will be one of the leaders in repositioning Renault in Australia," Renault Australia MD Justin Hocevar said.
"This vehicle is highly competitively-priced, abundantly specified and fun to drive. It is the complete package and one I know customers will respond to.”
Power for the Megane Diesel is provided by a Euro 5-compliant 1.5 litre turbodiesel engine producing 82kW at 4000rpm and 240Nm of torque from 1750rpm.
The Megane Diesel 1.5 dCi 110 is offered with Renault's EDC six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission only, marking the first appearance of the EDC auto in Renault's Australian line-up.
Paired with the new auto, the 1.5 litre diesel lists fuel consumption at 4.5 l/100km, compared to 8.2 l/100km for the regular 2.0 litre petrol manual, and 7.9 for the CVT-equipped petrol auto.
Equipped with a 60 litre fuel tank, the Megane Diesel offers a theoretical range of around 1300 kilometres.
The diesel model also benefits from the introduction of an Optimised Creep Control system that helps the vehicle take off gradually as the brake pedal is released, reducing juddering. The creep control system is paired with a Hill-Start Assist function.
The Megane Diesel is offered in five-door hatch form only, in Renault's familiar Dynamique and top-shelf Privilege specifications.
Megane Diesel Dynamique - Standard Features
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP), Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Six airbags – dual front, side and front/rear curtain airbags
- Variable power steering
- Cruise control and speed limiter
- Automatic lights, fog lights, "see me home" headlights and windscreen wipers
- Engine immobiliser
- Renault Smart Key Card (hands-free entry and ignition start)
- Dark charcoal cloth upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob
- Height and reach adjustable steering wheel
- Height adjustable driver and passenger’s seats with driver lumbar support
- Adjustable front headrests
- 60:40 split opening rear seats
- Centre console with 12V power outlet at the rear
- Illuminated glove box
- Sunglasses case for driver
- Dual-zone climate control air conditioning with rear air vents
- Bluetooth with audio streaming
- 4x15 W AM/FM stereo (4 speakers /2 tweeters) with single CD/MP3 player and fingertip
- satellite controls
- Multimedia connection box with AUX input and USB support
- Body coloured, electric, heated, foldable door mirrors
- Satin chrome door handles
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size spare with steel rim
Megane Diesel Privilege adds:
- Rear parking sensors
- Black leather upholstery
- 4x30 W AM/FM 3D sound by Arkamys® (4 speakers /4 tweeters) with single CD/MP3
- player and fingertip satellite controls
- Integrated satellite navigation
- Electric glass sunroof
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size spare with steel rim
"The small car segment is highly competitive in Australia. We have studied the market and are confident that we are introducing a very competitively priced and highly specified car," Mr Hocevar said.
"In fact, when you compare the level of standard equipment in the new Mégane hatch diesel versus its rivals, you see we are clearly better value."
- Renault Megane Diesel Dynamique - $27,490
- Renault Megane Diesel Privilege - $32,490
The new Mégane hatch diesel comes with 5-years/unlimited kilometres warranty and 24/7 roadside assistance. The servicing interval is 15,000 km/one year.
Note: pricing is Manufacturer's List Price and does not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.