Nissan's Navara pickup has come in for a 2012 model-year upgrade, adding new features and expanded availability of the big ute's V6 engine.
For 2012, the 170kW and 550Nm turbodiesel V6 has been added to the ST-X Dual Cab 4x4, paired with the engine's seven-speed sports auto.
Some prices are up, some down (depending upon how you calculate it). The new ST-X 2.5 litre four-cylinder diesel cops a price rise, moving north from $53,240 to $56,990.
Sitting on the top-shelf of the range, the ST-X 550 picks up a number of new standard features, including leather trim, sat-nav and hard-drive storage, plus a Bose audio system and reversing camera.
The ST-X 550 Dual Cab 4x4 is now priced at $62,990 - $2000 less than if you'd optioned those features with the 2011 model, a saving that Nissan says is thanks to increased supply.
The workhorse model, the D40 ST Dual Cab 4x4 also gets an upgrade. It now scores the more powerful 2.5 litre diesel producing 140kW an 450Nm - up from 126kW and 403Nm.
The ST can be had with either a six-speed manual transmission or a five-speed auto with manual mode.
Both of the V6 models and the upgraded four-cylinder ST list a braked towing weight of 3000kg, and all 2012 D40 four- and six-cylinder models also feature Nissan's Vehicle Dynamic Control system and three-point seatbelts throughout.
The RX Single Cab has switched from bench to bucket seats for 2012, and picks up a carpeted floor with rubber mats in place of the old vinyl floor.
The D40 Dual Cab 4X4 Navara was also given an ANCAP 4-star rating this week.
Features in brief:
Standard equipment on the V6 Navara ST-X includes:
- CD Player with USB connectivity
- Alloy sports bar
- Fog lights
- Rear under-seat storage
- Privacy glass (in the second row).
The ST-X 550 adds:
- Leather trim
- Front heated seats
- Premium Bose audio system with hard drive
- Satellite navigation
- Reversing camera with predictive path technology
- Satin black sports bar with integrated LED stop light.
Navara ST Dual Cab 4x4:
- 17-in alloy wheels
- 5 Channel Utili Track
- Six airbags
- 60/40 split-fold rear seats
- Three child seat anchor points
- Dual-zone air conditioning
- Choice of six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission with manual mode
- CD player with USB connectivity.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Navara news and reviews
- Nissan news and reviews
- Light Commercial news and reviews
- Interested in buying NISSAN NAVARA? Visit our NISSAN NAVARA showroom for more information.