HYUNDAI SANTA FE
Hyundai's big seven-seat Santa Fe has come in for a 2012 model-year update, gaining a Down-Hill Brake Control (DBC) system and a handful of styling tweaks inside and out.
On the outside, all Santa Fe variants have picked up a silver skid plate at the front and rear, along with a chrome tailgate garnish.
Santa Fe Elite and Highlander variants also score a gloss-black finish to the roof racks and foglamp surrounds, while the Highlander benefits from perforated leather seats and new 18-inch alloy wheels.
All variants except the entry-level SLX manual have picked up selectable Down-Hill Brake Control, assisting in steep downhill descents.
The Santa Fe range carries a 5-Star ANCAP safety rating, with standard features including electronic stability control (with traction control system), driver and front passenger airbags, dual side front airbag, and front and rear passenger side curtain airbags that extend into the third row.
Engine options for the 2012 Santa Fe line-up remain unchanged, featuring Hyundai's 145kW and 421Nm R-Series 2.2 litre four-cylinder diesel engine with all-wheel-drive variants, and the 204kW/335Nm 3.5 litre V6 Lambda petrol engine in the front-wheel-drive range.
Depending on specification, transmissions include a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Santa Fe news and reviews | Hyundai news and reviews
- SUV news and reviews
- Spy Photos
- 2012 New York Auto Show
- 2012 Santa Fe SLX - 3.5 Petrol Auto - $36,990
- 2012 Santa Fe SLX - 2.2 Diesel Manual - $37,990
- 2012 Santa Fe SLX - 2.2 Diesel Auto - $39,990
- 2012 Santa Fe Elite - 3.5 Petrol Auto - $40,990
- 2012 Santa Fe Elite - 2.2 Diesel Auto - $43,990
- 2012 Santa Fe Highlander - 3.5 Petrol Auto - $45,990
- 2012 Santa Fe Highlander - 2.2 Diesel Auto - $48,990
Note: all prices are Manufacturer’s List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.