Hyundai has introduced Australia's most affordable diesel passenger car this week, in the form of the new Hyundai Accent CRDi hatch and sedan.
Kicking off at $19,490 for the manual model, the diesel-powered Accent enters at a full $2000 below Ford's Fiesta LX diesel hatch. It's also more powerful, while offering comparable fuel consumption figures.
Available in the Active trim grade only, the Accent CRDi is powered by Hyundai's 1.6 litre common-rail direct-injected four-cylinder diesel, delivering 94kW and 260Nm of torque.
In six-speed manual sedan form, the Accent diesel lists the same 4.4 l/100km fuel consumption figures offered by the diesel-driven Fiesta, rising to 4.5 l/100km in the hatch.
For the four-speed automatic models, fuel consumption is listed at 5.6 l/100km for both the hatch and the sedan.
Standard safety features for the Active model include Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), Four-channel, four-sensor Anti-skid Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and six airbags.
Accent Active specification includes remote keyless-locking, power windows and mirrors, Bluetooth connectivity and audio streaming, steering wheel audio and Bluetooth controls, four-speaker audio with CD, MP3 and USB/iPod/Aux connectors and 14-inch steel wheels.
Hatch & Sedan
- Accent Active 1.6 CRDi Manual - $19,490
- Accent Active 1.6 CRDi Automatic - $21,490
- Accent Active 1.6 MPI Manual - $16,990
- Accent Active 1.6 MPI Automatic - $18,990
- Accent Elite 1.6 MPI Manual - $18,490
- Accent Elite 1.6 MPI Automatic - $20,490
- Accent Premium 1.6 MPI Manual - $20,990
- Accent Premium 1.6 MPI Automatic - $22,990
- Interested in buying HYUNDAI ACCENT? Visit our HYUNDAI ACCENT showroom for more information.