Holden's Cruze hatchback, designed and developed for the global market here in Australia, is set to go on sale from November this year. With its entry to the market will come an important new feature for the strong-selling Cruze range.
Bluetooth connectivity, the must-have feature of the moment, will make its way to the Australian-built Cruze Sedan and Cruze Hatch for the 2012 model year.
Previously a $600 dealer-fitted accessory, Bluetooth hands-free calling will join the Cruze range as standard fit.
“Bluetooth has become an increasingly important feature for many motorists so it made sense to make it standard on Holden’s second best-selling carline,” Holden marketing boss Simon Carr said.
“Bluetooth is now standard across a number of Holden’s most popular carlines including Commodore, the all-new Barina and now Cruze."
The locally-built Cruze range also gets two new colours for 2012: a Peter Brock-inspired Perfect Blue will replace Voodoo, and the metallic teal Chlorophyll replaces Poison Ivy.
Cruze CD and CDX variants have been slapped with a $250 price rise, while the SRi and SRi-V variants go up by $500. According to Holden, the new pricing reflects "other new inclusions," for the Cruze range, but it's keeping mum on the details until November.
“We’ve made a commitment that the Cruze range will continue to stand for outstanding value for money and when you take into account the amount of standard features and its five star safety credentials, it’s hard to argue.”
The recommended retail price (excluding delivery and govt. charges) of the Cruze sedan and hatch range is as follows:
- Cruze CD 1.8 litre petrol man / auto - $21,240 / $23,240
- Cruze CD 1.4 litre iTi petrol man / auto - $22,490 / $24,490
- Cruze CD 2.0 litre diesel man / auto - $25,240 / $27,240
- Cruze CDX 1.8 litre petrol man / auto - $24,740 / $26,740
- Cruze CDX 2.0 litre diesel man / auto - $28,740 / $30,740
- Cruze SRi 1.4 litre iTi petrol man / auto - $24,990 / $26,990
- Cruze SRi V 1.4 litre iTi petrol man / auto - $28,490 / $30,490
- Interested in buying HOLDEN CRUZE? Visit our HOLDEN CRUZE showroom for more information.