Ford's European-built Kuga SUV is now on sale in Australia, arriving in two well-equipped trim grades: the $38,990 Kuga Trend, and the $44,990 Kuga Titanium (both exclude on-road costs).
Ford has also confirmed that, for now, it will continue to offer the existing $28,990 Escape SUV for buyers looking for an 'entry level' option in the compact SUV range.
Both models in the Kuga range are powered by Ford's turbocharged 2.5 litre Duratec five-cylinder petrol engine, delivering 147kW and 320Nm of torque.
A five-speed automatic transmission is standard, along with Ford's Haldex-developed Intelligent All-Wheel-Drive system. Combined, the platform delivers fuel consumption figures of 10.3 l/100km.
The Kuga's suspension arrangement includes MacPherson struts up front and a multi-link rear. Electronic power steering is also standard.
Features at a glance
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Rear tailgate with flip glass
- Sony CD 8-speaker sound system with USB port, Bluetooth connectivity and Voice control
- Keyless start/stop button
- Air conditioning and Cruise control
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Power adjustable heated side mirrors with puddle lamps
- Front fog lamps, Follow-me-home lighting
- Silver roof rails
- Capless refuelling
Kuga Titaâ€‹nium adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Fixed panorama glass roof
- Dual-zone climate control
- Leather-trimmed seats (front seats with variable heating controls), leather-trimmed gear shifter
- 6-way power driver's seat
- Rear privacy glass
- Rear parking sensors, Rain-sensing wipers
- Auto headlamps
- Velour floor mats
- Stainless steel front scuff plates
Standard safety features for the Kuga include electronic stability control, dual front airbags, front side airbags and full curtain airbags. There is also Anti Rollover Mitigation, ABS and electronic brakeforce distribution.
The Kuga also carries a 5-star ANCAP crash safety rating in Australia.
The arrival of Ford's Kuga in the local line-up comes on the heels of a year that has seen the updating and replacing of around 85 percent of Ford Australia's models, including the newly-updated Falcon FG MkII range.
- Kuga Trend - $38,990
- Kuga Titanium - $44,990
Note: all prices are Manufacturer’s List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.
- Interested in buying FORD KUGA? Visit our FORD KUGA showroom for more information.