Fiat's big Ducato van and ute have come in for a 2012 upgrade, gaining a pair of new 2.3 litre MultiJet diesels, new features and, for some variants, new pricing.
Replacing the previous 2.3 and 3.0 litre engines, the new Euro 5-compliant MultiJet 2.3 litre is available in two states of tune: one producing 96kW and 320Nm of torque, the other delivering 109kW and 350Nm.
Although the top version of the new engine is less powerful than the outgoing 115.5kW/400Nm 3.0 litre, Fiat says fuel consumption has improved by 19 percent.
Both engines are available with a six-speed manual transmission, along with Fiat's six-speed automated manual transmission, previously available only with the 3.0 litre models.
Inside, the 2012 Ducato range gets a revised and toughened lockable glovebox lid, along with a large locking centre console and a refrigerated space large enough for a 1.5 litre bottle.
A Tomtom navigation system is included as standard equipment (with Fiat's Blue&Me system integrated), and there's also improved fabrics, seat adjustment, revised door panels and a reshaped glare-reducing bonnet.
- Medium Wheelbase/low roof Dual Seat - 96kW Manual - $39,990
- Medium Wheelbase/low roof Dual Seat - 96kW MTA Auto - $42,990
- Medium Wheelbase/Medium roof Dual Seat - 96kW Manual - $42,990
- Medium Wheelbase/Medium roof Dual Seat - 96kW MTA Auto -$45,990
- Long wheelbase/Medium roof Dual Seat - 96kW Manual - $45,990
- Long wheelbase/Medium roof Dual Seat - 96kW MTA Auto - $49,090
- Extra long wheelbase/medium roof Dual Seat - 109kW Manual - $49,590
- Extra long wheelbase/medium roof Dual Seat - 109kW MTA Auto - $52,890
- Cab chassis - 2.3 96kW Manual - $44,990
- Cab chassis - 2.3 96kW MTA Auto - $47,990
- Metallic Paint - $950
- Bench Seat - $975
- Interested in buying FIAT DUCATO? Visit our FIAT DUCATO showroom for more information.