Revealed in July last year, the revised line-up brings a series of styling and powertrain tweaks, while adding the new 1.8 TFSI engine to the entry-level end of the range.
The arrival of the new engine also cuts the price of entry into the A5 line-up, down from $68,900 to $66,990 for the Coupe and Sportback.
On the styling front, the updated A5 gets the brand's new stepped headlight design, along with a new front bumper and the restyled hexagonal grille.
The A5's profile remains unchanged, and updates at the rear are limited to a new bumper and revised taillights with optional LED driving lights.
In the cabin, you'll find new steering wheel designs, along with a new finish for the instrument panel and centre console.
There's a new gear selector for automatic models, an updated MMI infotainment and navigation system with a new toggle-stick controller, and a number of trim updates.
There are also new steering column stalks and a revised centre console with updated switchgear.
As with the new Volkswagen Passat and the Audi A6, the A5 range gains a new Active Lane Assist option, which reads lane markings and can make slight suggestive adjustments to help the driver stay in the current lane.
All A5 models get new rear suspension bearings and damper tuning, along with a revised electromechanical power steering system. Internationally, 17-inch alloy wheels are now standard, while size options range up to 20 inches.
The new A5 engine line-up options kick off with the 125kW/320Nm four-cylinder 1.8 TFSI petrol engine, with fuel consumption listed at 5.8 l/100km.
With those figures, Audi has maintained the previous 2.0 litre unit's torque figures, while cutting fuel use by nearly 2.0 litres per 100km.
The existing 2.0 litre TFSI engine's output remains unchanged at 155kW, while a new 200kW/400Nm, 8.1 l/100km 3.0 litre TFSI V6 has joined the quattro all-wheel-drive equipped line-up.
Diesel engines include a 130kW/380Nm, 4.7 l/100km 2.0 litre four-cylinder turbodiesel and a range-topping 180kW/500Nm, 5.7 l/100km 3.0 litre V6.
In all, there are now 13 variants in the full A5 line-up offering fuel consumption figures of 7.0 litres/100km or less, giving buyers a saving when it comes to the Luxury Car Tax.
S5 Coupe: Out with the Eight, in with the Supercharged Six.
The biggest news in the powertrain pages is the S5 Coupe dropping its 4.2 litre V8 engine, replacing it with the same 245kW 3.0 litre supercharged V6 that drives the Sportback and Cabriolet models.
The big six loses 15kW to the outgoing V8, but it propels the Coupe to 100km/h in 4.9 seconds - 0.2 seconds quicker than the eight could manage.
Fuel consumption for the S5 Coupe is listed at 8.1 l/100km, down from the V8's 10.8 l/100km.
- A5 Sportback 1.8 TFSI multitronic - 125kW - 5.9 l/100km - $66,900
- A5 Sportback 2.0 TDI multitronic - 130kW - 4.8 - $68,700
- A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI quattro manual - 155kW - 6.8 - $80,900
- A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic - 155kW - 7.0 - $83,200
- A5 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic - 180kW - 5.7 - $95,900
- A5 Sportback 3.0 TFSI quattro S tronic - 200kW - 8.1 - $100,800
- S5 Sportback 3.0 TFSI S tronic - 245kW - 8.1 l/100km - $135,900
- A5 Coupe 1.8 TFSI multitronic - 125kW - 5.8 l/100km - $66,900
- A5 Coupe 2.0 TDI multitronic - 130kW - 4.7 - $68,700
- A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI quattro manual - 155kW - 6.8 - $80,900
- A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic - 155kW - 7.0 - $83,200
- A5 Coupe 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic - 180kW - 5.7 - $95,900
- A5 Coupe 3.0 TFSI quattro S tronic - 200kW - 8.1 - $100,800
- S5 Coupe 3.0TFSI quattro S tronic - 245kW - 8.1 l/100km - $135,900
- A5 Cabriolet 1.8 TFSI multitronic - 125kW - 6.2 l/100km - $78,500
- A5 Cabriolet 2.0 TDI multitronic - 130kW - 5.0 - $80,900
- A5 Cabriolet 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic - 155kW - 7.2 - $96,900
- A5 Cabriolet 3.0 TDI quattro S tronic - 180kW - 5.9 - $108,800
- A5 Cabriolet 3.0 TFSI quattro S tronic - 200kW - 8.5 - $112,900
- S5 Cabriolet 3.0 TFSI S tronic - 245kW - 8.5 l/100km - $146,500
Note: all prices are Manufacturer’s List Price (unless otherwise noted) and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Audi A5 news and reviews
- Audi S5 news and reviews
- Audi news and reviews
- Prestige Car news and reviews
- Interested in buying AUDI A5? Visit our AUDI A5 showroom for more information.