2011 HOLDEN THUNDER UTE
Holden's Thunder Ute is back, with a new VE Series II take on the popular ute set to go on sale across Australia next week.
Announced as part of the Holden Ute's 60th anniversary celebration, the Thunder Ute will be available in SV6 and SS trim - with an added $3000 worth of special features thrown into the deal.
In both SV6 and SS spec, the Thunder Ute features 19-inch alloy wheels, satellite navigation, leather seat bolsters and special-edition Thunder badges and logos inside and out.
“It is a really bold, tough looking ute which we think will appeal to many of our traditional sports ute buyers," Holden Executive Director of Sales, Marketing and Aftersales John Elsworth said.
As with the regular SV6 and SS Utes, the Thunder ute is offered with Holden's 210kW/350Nm 3.6 litre SIDI petrol V6 and the 270kW/530Nm 6.0 litre petrol V8.
A six-speed manual transmission is standard with both engines, and a six-speed automatic can be had as an option.
Safety features include driver and passenger side airbags, side impact airbags and side curtain airbags. The Holden Ute range carries a 5 Star ANCAP crash safety rating.
Pricing and Availability
The Holden Thunder Ute range is on sale next week around Australia.
- SV6 Manual - $34,990 (drive away price)
- SS Manual - $39,990 (drive away price)
- SV6 Automatic - $39,490 (RRP)
- SS Automatic - $44,490 (RRP)
- Prestige Paint - $500
Shown here in Voodoo blue, the Thunder range is available in a choice of 10 exterior colours.
Choice of 10 exterior finishes
- Alto Grey (prestige paint) – mid-toned grey with silver highlights
- Hazard (prestige paint) – head turning bright solid yellow
- Sizzle – bright metallic red
- Heron – solid white
- Karma (prestige paint) – mid blue with metallic highlights
- Nitrate (prestige paint) – a classic silver metallic
- Phantom (prestige paint) – metallic black with silver highlights
- Poison Ivy (prestige paint) – a sports green metallic with blue highlights
- Red Hot – highly chromatic solid red
- Voodoo (prestige paint) – solid electric sports blue