Volkswagen has today announced that its 4Motion all-wheel-drive system can now be specified for all 132kW 2.0 litre TDI-powered Transporter and Multivan models.
The 4Motion system is available with both a six-speed manual transmission and, for the first time, Volkswagen's seven-speed DSG automatic transmission.
- Click to review TMR's review of the Volkswagen Transporter
- Click to learn more about the Volkswagen Transporter
With Volkswagen's 4Motion AWD system, a Haldex clutch takes power to the rear wheels when slip is detected, recovering grip on slippery surfaces.
Unlike the mechanically-controlled Haldex2 system, the new 4Motion system utilises an electronic control system, torque distribution now determined by an electronic pump rather than the difference in speed between the front and rear axles.
- Transporter SWB - 2.0TDI 132kW 6-speed manual 4MOTION - $45,490
- Transporter SWB - 2.0TDI 132kW 7-speed DSG 4MOTION - $48,490
- Transporter Crew Van SWB - 2.0TDI 132kW 7-speed DSG 4MOTION - $51,990
- Transporter LWB - 2.0TDI 132 6-speed manual 4MOTION - $47,490
- Transporter LWB - 2.0TDI 132 7-speed DSG 4MOTION - $50,490
- Transporter Dual Cab - 2.0TDI 132kW 6-speed manual 4MOTION - $48,490
- Multivan Comfortline - 2.0TDI 132kW 7-speed DSG 4MOTION - $60,990
- Multivan Highline - 2.0TDI 132kW 7-speed DSG 4MOTION - $77,990