Volkswagen Group Australia has introduced two new Golf special edition models, the 'Edition' and 'Pacific'. The two new models provide feature a significant level of equipment and Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP), which is now standard across the entire Golf range.
The new Golf Edition is based on the Trendline model and adds Bristol 15-inch alloy wheels along with body coloured exterior enhancements. On the inside there are matt chrome decorative inserts, a multifunction steering wheel and anthracite/grey cloth trim upholstery.
The Golf Edition is available with a choice of two engines, a 1.6-litre petrol engine with 75kW of power and 148Nm of torque or a 1.9 litre turbo diesel injected (TDI) engine with 77kW. The 1.9 TDI is capable of achieving 5.5L/100km in six-speed manual form. Both engine types are available with a choice of six-speed manual or automatic transmission with Tiptronic.
The new Golf Pacific includes all the features of the Edition and more. Based on the Comfortline model, it gets anthracite sports cloth upholstery, cruise control and rain sensing wipers. Body coloured exterior styling, front fog lights and Mugello 16-inch alloy wheels, along with a 'Pacific' tailgate badge.
There is also a choice of two engines for those choosing the Pacific. A 2.0 FSI engine that produces 110kW and 200Nm and a grunty 2.0 TDI that develops 103kW of power at 4,000 rpm and an enormous 320Nm.
Both the Edition and Pacific pack a comprehensive safety package that includes, Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), with Electronic Brake pressure Distribution (EBD) , Brake Assist and 6 airbags.
Golf Edition extras listing
Features in addition to the current Trendline models
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP)
- 'Edition' anthracite and grey cloth trim
- Bristol 15" alloy wheels
- 8 speakers audio system
- Multi-function trip computer
- Multi-function leather steering wheel
- Leather gear shift knob and handbrake lever with grey stitching
- Height and lumbar adjustment for front seats
- Body coloured bumper inserts, door mirrors/handles and body side strips
- Matt chrome decorative inserts in dashboard and doors
- 'Edition' badge on tailgate
Golf Pacific extras listing
Features in addition to the current Comfortline models.
- Mugello 16" alloy wheels
- Dual zone climate control air conditioning
- Front sports seats with height and lumbar adjustment
- Anthracite sports cloth upholstery
- Large format Multi-function trip computer
- Front fog lights
- 'Pacific' badge on tailgate
Golf Edition and Pacific Options
- Electric glass sunroof
- Front fog lights (Edition)
- Leather upholstery (Pacific)
- Metallic/Pearl Effect paint
- Parking distance sensors, rear
- Satellite navigation system RNS510
- 6 disc CD changer (only in conjunction with RNS510)
Model Description and Retail Pricing
Golf 1.6 Edition 5 speed manual $25,490
Golf 1.6 Edition 6 speed Tiptronic $27,790
Golf 1.9 TDI Edition 6 speed manual $27,990
Golf 1.9 TDI Edition 6 speed DSG $30,290
Golf 2.0 FSI Pacific 6 speed manual $29,990
Golf 2.0 FSI Pacific 6 speed Tiptronic $32,290
Golf 2.0 TDI Pacific 6 speed manual $32,490
Golf 2.0 TDI Pacific 6 speed DSG $34,790