THE FAMOUS Marlboro Holden Dealer Team Torana A9X is on its way to the 2010 Top Gear Live event in Sydney this week, as part of the Shannons Bathurst Legends display.
Driven to a blazing victory in 1979 by Peter Brock and Jim Richards, the A9X held the lead for all 163 laps, winning by a full six laps. The hot Torana powered through the entire race, with Brock setting the fastest time of the event on his final lap.
Joining the Torana A9X in the Bathurst Legends display will be a host of other iconic beasts from Australia's proud racing history, including Allan Moffat's 1977 Falcon XC coupe, a family of Commodores and of course the 1992 Nissan GT-R of Mark Skaife and Jim Richards.
Check out the full list below.
- the 1977 race-winning Moffat Ford Dealer Team Falcon XC coupe of Allan Moffat and Jacky Ickx and its sister car driver by Colin Bond and Alan Hamilton that was instructed to relinquish its lead and fall in behind in a controversial ?form finish?
- the ?tribute? Commodore racecar built personally by Peter Brock to replicate the now-destroyed 1980 winning VC model that he shared with Jim Richards
- the 1981-winning Dick Johnson/John French ?Tru-Blu? Falcon XD
- the Brock/Larry Perkins Commodore VH that won back-to-back Bathurst races in 1982 and 1983
- the 1984 race-winning Brock/Perkins Commodore VK
- the 1985-winning John Goss/Armin Hahne Jaguar XJS
- the 1987 race-winning Brock/David Parsons/Peter McLeod-winning Commodore VL
- the 1989-winning Johnson/John Bowe Ford Sierra RS500
- The 1992 Bathurst-winning Nissan GT-R of Jim Richards/Mark Skaife.
Paul Gates, National Sales Manager of Shannons Insurance, said the display would represent probably the greatest number of Bathurst winning and legendary vehicles in one place at one time.
?Top Gear Live has given us this opportunity that may never be repeated,? he said. ?We encourage patrons to leave time before or after the TGL show to view these legendary vehicles and reminisce about the great days of The Great Race.?