HONDA GAVE fans an early Christmas present last month when it revealed its SuperGT entry for 2010, the HSV-010 GT.
Based on the cancelled next generation NSX supercar project, Honda has today revealed a host of new images and details for its brand-new track-only GT500 race car.
Dropping the aborted NSX's V10 powerplant, the GT500 class HSV-010 GT is powered by the naturally-aspirated HR10EG 3.4 litre V8 engine.
Honda has not revealed specific output figures, but "500hp or more" and "392Nm or more" is the official word. Official weight is listed as 1100kg, thanks in large part to the full unpainted carbon-fibre body.
A six-speed sequential transmission transfers power to the rear wheels, controlled via the requisite wheel-mounted shift paddles.
Race-spec double wishbone suspension with a torsion bar spring system is used at all four corners.
The HSV-010 GT is scheduled to make its race debut at the opening round of the 2010 SuperGT GT500 series on March 20.
Specifications and performance characteristics
- Length x Width x Height (m): 4.675 x 2.000 x (not disclosed)
- Wheelbase (m): 2.700
- Vehicle weight (kg): 1,100 or more
- Engine name: HR10EG
- Configuration: Liquid-cooled, naturally aspirated, longitudinal V8
- V angle (??): 90
- Valve train: Gear-driven DOHC: 2 intake and 2 exhaust valves per cylinder
- Displacement (cm3): 3,397
- Bore x stroke (mm): 93.0 x 62.5
- Compression ratio: (Not disclosed)
- Maximum output: 500 or more
- Maximum torque(Nm): 392 or more
- Throttle control system: Mechanical
- Fuel supply system: Programmed fuel injection system (Honda PGM-FI)
- Fuel: Lead-free premium gasoline
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Transmission mechanism: Constant mesh
- Transmission shifting method: Steering paddle shifter
- Steering system mechanism: Rack and pinion system with electric power steering (EPS)
- Tyres: Front 330/40R18, Rear 330/45R17
- Brake type and mechanism: Hydraulic ventilated disc system
- Suspension system: Double wishbone
- Stabilizer: Torsion bar
- Note: The letters "HSV" stand for Honda Sports Velocity.