Sitting at ninth place in July's car sales results, Honda Australia has reorganised pricing for its Civic and City lines. This will give motorists savings of up to $2000 on some Civic models and $500 for the entire City range.
Things might be turning for Honda Australia: after a pretty flat year it was up 18.6 percent in July. Revised sharper pricing will certainly help its cause.
The pricing shake-up follows an update to the Civic in December last year, which saw curtain airbags added as standard equipment across the range. The Honda City is also due to gain stability control as standard this year.
“The competitiveness in both the light and small car segments has intensified and the repositioning of both City and Civic pricing shows our determination to increase our market share in these vital segments,” Honda Australia’s General Manager Sales and Marketing, Stephen Collins, said of the price changes.
The Civic VTi and Civic VTi-L are powered by a 1.8 litre four-cylinder petrol engine with 103kW and 174Nm, while the Civic Sport gets a 2.0 litre motor with 114kW and 188Nm of torque.
Average fuel economy for the former stands at 6.9l/100km while the Sport consumes 8.3l/100km.
Both City variants are powered by the same 1.5 litre SOHC i-VTEC engine found in the Jazz VTi and VTi-S, offering an identical 88kW and 145Nm of torque. The city achieves a fuel economy of 6.3 l/100km on the combined cycle.
- 2010 Honda Civic VTi - 4-door manual - $22,490 (metallic: $22,965)
- 2010 Honda Civic VTi - 4-door auto - $24,790 ($25,265)
- 2010 Honda Civic VTi-L - 4-door manual - $24,690 ($25,165)
- 2010 Honda Civic VTi-L - 4-door auto - $26,990 ($27,465)
- 2010 Honda Civic Sport - 4-door manual - $29,990 ($30,465)
- 2010 Honda Civic Sport - 4-door auto - $32,290 ($32,765)
- 2010 Honda City VTi - manual - $18,990 ($19,385)
- 2010 Honda City VTi - auto - $21,290 ($21,685)
- 2010 Honda City VTi-L - manual - $21,490 ($21,885)
- 2010 Honda City VTi-L - auto - $23,790 ($24,185)
Note: prices are manufacturer's list price only and do not include on-road charges or dealer delivery.