Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) has just released its 533kW (715hp) R35 GT-R upgrade package, and in the process set a self-declared top speed record for the model.
The comprehensive package allows the R35 to run all the way up to 193.7mph (about 315km/h) and smash stock acceleration figures to every other speed in the process.
The impressive top speed is thanks in part to the gobs of torque on offer from the modified VR38DETT - how does 906Nm (662 lb-ft) sound? We thought so.
The package will set you back USD $24,500 installed (AUD $35,280) or USD $18,500 for the parts alone (AUD $26,640). That's not cheap in anyone's books, but you do receive a fair bit of gear for the money.
Cast your eyes over the long list of components. SUMO is HPE's own performance brand, in case you were wondering:
- SUMO â„¢ Stainless Steel 88 mm Catback Exhaust System
- SUMO â„¢ Stainless Steel Midpipe Exhaust
- SUMO â„¢ Engine Management Computer Programmer (17 psi boost)
- SUMO â„¢ Intercooler Piping Upgrade
- SUMO â„¢ Inlet Piping Upgrade with Stainless Steel Blow-off Valves
- SUMO â„¢ Sport Turbo Upgrade â€“ Modified Factory Turbos with 47 mm Compressor Wheels (stock compressor wheels = 42 mm)
- SUMO â„¢ Modified Factory Wastegate Actuators
- Professional Installation
- All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
- Chassis Dyno Tuning & Engine Management Calibration
- Limited One Year Warranty
- Powered by Hennessey Custom Floor Mats
- Limited Edition GTR700 Plaque in Interior & Engine Compartment
- Factory Engine Cover in Red with black GTR600 Badges
- Hennessey & GTR700 Exterior Badges
With all this swag on board, the HPE R35 is capable of some phenomenal times which make a stock GT-R (as well as many other supercars) seem slow by comparison:
- 0-60 mph: 2.8 sec. (stock = 3.4)
- 0-100 mph: 6.7 sec. (stock = 8.3)
- 0-150 mph: 14.5 sec. (stock = 19.5 sec.)
- 0-186 mph: 24.7 sec. (stock = 53.3 sec.)
- 1/4 mile: 10.8 sec. @ 133 mph (stock = 11.8 sec. @ 118 mph)
If you're interested in ordering the package, then grease up your wallet and check out the Hennessey website.