MARK WEBBER has taken the lead in the F1 World Championship by winning his second consecutive Grand Prix in the space of a week.
The Australian, who was unchallenged in the Principality despite the appearance of several safety cars, dominated the entire Barcelona-Monaco double-header and is now level on points with his Red Bull teammate Sebastian Vettel.
Team Boss Christian Horner urged Vettel to "relax" if he wants to get back on terms with the sister RB6.
"Sebastian dominated at the start of the season but Mark has really found his stride," the Briton told the BBC.
"Seb is trying very hard and sometimes you have to relax a little bit and the times will come," added Horner.
The biggest loser of the Monaco race is the former title leader Jenson Button, whose Mercedes engine overheated during the first safety car period because McLaren mechanics left a bung in his sidepod.
It was a processional but nonetheless incident-packed race, with both Williams drivers crashing, and backmarker Jarno Trulli mounting Karun Chandhok's HRT right in front of the leader Webber.
There is also a post-race controversy in the stewards' room, after Fernando Alonso was passed by Michael Schumacher in the short blast between the safety car pulling in and the waving of the chequered flag.
There is some uncertainty as to whether overtaking is allowed in those circumstances on the last lap, with Mercedes' Ross Brawn and Ferrari's Stefano Domenicali both telling TV reporters their opposing views.
"Our understanding of the regulations is pretty clear but let's just see what the stewards say," said Domenicali.
Schu, Brawn, Confident Alonso Pass Was Legal
MICHAEL Schumacher and Ross Brawn are confident there will no post-race penalty applied by the stewards in the wake of a controversial last-lap incident.
The seven-time world champion passed Ferrari's Fernando Alonso at the last corner of Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix, after the safety car that had been deployed for the Jarno Trulli/Karun Chandhok crash pulled into the pits.
There is a new rule in 2010 that allows overtaking between the safety car line and the finish line.
Where the confusion arises is that if a race finishes under the safety car, there is no overtaking allowed even though the safety car itself pulls into the pits.
"We were advised before the end of the race that the safety car was coming in," Brawn told the BBC. "There was no instruction that the race was going to finish under the safety car."
Schumacher told German television RTL: "We saw the message 'Track Clear' officially on screen two. So that means the safety car goes in and the race is back on."
The 41-year-old laughed that it is "interesting" that his former nemesis Damon Hill is the driver-steward this weekend.
And Mercedes reserve driver Nick Heidfeld told Sky television: "The move was very clean.
"The rules are different this year. In the past you could only overtake from the start/finish line, now it is from the safety car line. Alonso was a little bit asleep," added the German.