Mark Webber awoke on Monday morning determined to return to the cockpit of his Red Bull at Silverstone next weekend.
The Australian on Sunday survived one of the most frightening crashes seen in recent times, when his RB6 struck the rear of Heikki Kovalainen's Lotus before backflipping and wiping out an advertising hoarding.
Webber, 33, then careered into a tyre barrier but emerged from the cockpit relatively unscathed.
After a visit to the medical centre and a shower, he told reporters at the circuit that he is sporting a few bumps and bruises.
"I'm a little bit tender here and there but the car did a great job," he said.
And after a night's sleep, he wrote on his AussieGrit Twitter account: "Feeling good this morning, roll on Silverstone".
He told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport: "I have a bit of swelling in some places, but I'll be fit for Silverstone."
Red Bull is yet to confirm the health of the actual car; the same one driven by Webber to a handful of pole positions and his wins in Barcelona and Monaco.
"It's been good to me," he smiled.
Ferrari Steps Up Rage Against 'McLaren Thieves'
Ferrari's rage against the outcome of the European Grand Prix went from bad to worse on Monday.
With Fernando Alonso having accused the stewards of manipulating the Valencia race, the Italian team echoed the apparent view of some fans that Lewis Hamilton's drive-through penalty for overtaking the safety car was a "scandal".
But in another website report on Monday, Ferrari stepped up its attack, repeating the view of one fan that had hit out at "McLaren thieves" who were "up to their usual dirty tricks".
Another fan said: "The FIA at Valencia showed it's not entirely in charge of the events that it's organising", and yet another added: "Is this the latest version of Jean Todt? Those who order and manipulate are always the same."
Ferrari quoted another fan as saying: "Federation of clowns! What help is a five-second penalty? Useless and the usual English mafia!"
And another: "Enough with the help for Hamilton. How can he lie and cheat and still get away scot-free?"
Mirror correspondent Byron Young wrote on Twitter that in "Max Mosley's day", there would be "sanctions" for accusing the FIA of fixing races.
When the rage intensified on Monday, he added: "Are the FIA going to act or will Jean Todt dodge the first big F1 test of his presidency?"
FIA officials 'angered' by Ferrari outbursts - report
Jun.28 (GMM) FIA officials may be considering action against Ferrari in the wake of the Italian team's post-Valencia outbursts.
Earlier on Monday, it appeared the governing body would not respond, after Fernando Alonso accused stewards of manipulating the race, and other Ferrari figures were similarly outspoken.
The famous team's figures are angry about the mere drive-through penalty imposed on Lewis Hamilton for overtaking the safety car, allowing the McLaren driver to finish second in the race while Alonso was just ninth.
But in the past, especially in the reign of Max Mosley, the subsequent cries of foul might have met with a sanction, but sources indicated that the FIA is not considering disciplinary action against Ferrari or Alonso.
However, the Guardian then reported that "a number" of FIA officials are indeed "known to be angered" by the Ferrari outbursts.
Undeterred, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo joined the dissenting chorus on Monday, insisting the outcome of the race was "misrepresentative", and the events "very serious and unacceptable".
Red Bull team boss Christian Horner commented: "I don't think it was manipulated. The FIA just need to look at the safety car rules in the future."