JEEP HAS ANNOUNCED a new, extremely-limited edition version of the V8-powered Grand Cherokee for Australia. Limited to just 50 units, the 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland foreshadows the all-new 2011 Grand Cherokee, scheduled to launch in Australia later this year.
Powered by Chrysler's 5.7 litre HEMI V8 with variable valve timing, the Grand Cherokee Overland offers 259kW and 520Nm of torque out of the box. The updated HEMI engine features Chrysler's Multi-Displacement System, switching between four-cylinder and eight-cylinder modes to improve fuel economy.
The Chrysler Group's Quadra-Drive II 4x4 system is also standard for the Overland. The NV245 full-time transfer case features a centre differential coupled with an electronically controlled clutch pack, varying it from a completely open state to completely locked.
The 4x4 system features an Electronic Limited Slip Differential, designed to more smoothly distribute engine torque where needed when slip is detected. Using electronically-controlled clutch packs, the ELSD automatically switches from slip to lock at each axle.
The Overland's standard feature set includes HID Xenon headlamps, front and rear park assist, rear back-up camera, rain-sensitive automatic windscreen wipers, sunscreen glass and 18-inch alloy wheels.
Standard Exclusive Equipment for Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
- 5.7L OHV 16-valve VVT HEMI V8 with MDS
- Quadra-Drive II four-wheel drive system with electronic limited slip differentials
- 5-speed 545RFE automatic transmission
- 3.73 rear axle ratio
- Fuel tank, transfer case & front suspension skid plates
- HID auto-levelling headlamps and headlamp washers
- Dark Slate Grey leather-trimmed seating with Overland stitching
- Genuine wood grain/leather wrapped steering wheel and door trim
- 3D satellite navigation system with a 30GB hard drive and Bluetooth connectivity
- 18-inch aluminium wheels
- Full size matching spare wheel
- 245/60/R18 Goodyear Wrangler high performance tyres
- Platinum side roof rails and adjustable cross bars
- Platinum side moulding
- Satin door handles and license plate brow
- Cargo net
Pricing and Availability
The 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, limited to just 50 units, is available now. It is priced at $68,990, excluding dealer delivery and on-road costs.