Jaguar has released the first official image and video of its all new XJ. Sure it's not much to go on just yet, but it's a welcome change from, well, nothing.
The XJ is scheduled to debut on the 9th of July in London and will then go on sale later this year.
Aside from the panoramic glass roof, not much else can be gleaned from the image. One thing is clear, though: the new XJ will be a radical rethink of the model and should tie in well with the XF.
Thankfully, Jaguar was nice enough to reveal a few details at the same time.
A selection of petrol and diesel engines will be on offer, ranging from a V6 diesel all the way up to a 380kW (510hp) supercharged V8.
The supercharged cat will not be the XJR, either, with Jaguar confirming it is saving the R designation for a hi-po version of the XJ it has planned for the future.
Standard and long wheel-base variants will be available, with both utilising Jaguar's new generation of aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture.
Orders will be taken at the car's debut in July with deliveries expected to begin in early 2010.
for more information and to register your interest, head over to www.jaguar.com/allnewxj and hit the press release below.
FIRST SIGHT OF JAGUAR'S ALL-NEW XJ
An all-new Jaguar XJ will make its public debut this July ? and today saw the preview and release of first information on this breathtaking new Jaguar.
Speaking at Auto Shanghai 2009, Jaguar Cars Managing Director, Mike O'Driscoll confirmed that:
* The all-new XJ will go on sale at the end of 2009 ? but will officially be revealed on July 9th in London.
* The all-new XJ is the first car to feature the next-generation of Jaguar's aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture.
* All of Jaguar's new ultra-efficient Gen III petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new XJ, including the already acclaimed V6 diesel and 510 bhp supercharged V8.
* There will be a choice of standard or long wheelbase models.
* The all-new XJ will introduce the highest standards of personal luxury and specification, including a panoramic glass roof.
Full details of the all-new XJ including prices will be revealed on July 9th and orders for delivery in early 2010 will be taken from this time.
Dependent on market, the all-new XJ will be in dealerships from the end of this year. To register interest ahead of that time, customers should access www.jaguar.com/allnewxj.