The world's sexiest four door has slipped into something a little more comfortable, in an effort to raise the bar... so to speak. Maserati has chosen the 2009 North American International Auto Show as the venue for the world debut of its Quattroporte Sport GT S.
According to Maserati, the Quattroporte Sport GT S ?sets another sporting benchmark in the high performance luxury sedan segment of the automotive market?.
Conceived and developed by Maserati as ?a real driving machine in the guise of a luxury sedan?, the Quattroporte Sport GT S is the Quattroporte for the person who seriously enjoys their driving.
The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GT S are in four key areas:
- The mapping of the V8 4.7 litre engine, with power increased to 323 kW.
- The gearshift management software, with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment.
- The front and rear suspension system featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height;
- The sport exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound.
The Quattroporte Sport GT S also benefits from interior and exterior changes to highlight its new, more aggressive, driver-focussed nature:
- A new black grille with concave vertical fins featuring the Trident logo with red accents, typical of the sportier versions of Maserati models.
- New headlights, in metallic titanium finish.
- New M-design seats with perforated Alcantara? and leather upholstery.
- Standard trim in Titantex, a ?titanium colored? composite material.
Australian and New Zealand market pricing for the Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S will be announced when it is launched locally in the third quarter of 2009.