Yesterday saw the launch of the Nissan GT-R micro-site and a brochure leak none of which really provided a whole lot more information on the about to be released GT-R.
The members of NAGTROC (North American GT-R Owners Club) have in the meantime been compiling the facts as they come to hand and thanks to them we can reveal the following information regarding pricing and trim, although this is not to be considered official Nissan information ??? but it should be close.
It appears that the three levels of trim don???t include a lightweight GT-R Evolution, as we previously reported and there is no manual gearbox option! Instead the three variants are separated only by different wheel and interior equipment packages with all three variants said to have the same engine output figures.
Personally, I find it a bit hard to believe that there will not be some form of high performance variant, even if only from a handling point of view in the spirit of the R32 ??? R34 V-specs.
With the facts from Nissan just around the corner the information below gives us something to ponder in the meantime. Given the expected pricing it could be a good time for Oz based GT-R fans to move to the States because we will no doubt see prices starting in the $100k+ region.
It is rumoured that more official information will be released today and we will continue to keep you updated - the specification information as it is known follows;
There are three trim levels:
- Base: $US66,675 alloy wheels
- Black Edition: $US68,580 forged wheels, black/red leather seats
- Premium Edition: $US71,870, forged wheels, side airbags, Bose,
There are 6 exterior colors:
- Super Black
- Vibrant Red
- Pearl White (30k yen option)
- Titanium Grey
- Dark Metal Grey (according to a magazine, they will only produce 40 cars a month with this color)
- Ultimate Metal Silver (300k yen option)
There are 2 interior colors:
- Black edition only gets black
- Base and Premium can choose black or grey
Wheels and Tires:
- Base GT-R comes with unnamed alloys and Dunlop Sport tires
- Black and Premium editions come with Rays wheels and Bridgestone RE070s (run flat).
- The chassis code is CBA-R35
- Weight is ~1590 kg/3500 lbs
- Premium edition comes with a Thatcham class immobiliser and alarm (optional on the Base and Black Edition)
- Premium edition comes with a Bose sound system (optional on the Base and Black Edition)
- Premium edition has seat heater
- Side airbag system is optional on all 3 trims
Engine and Drivetrain:
- The engine designation is VR38DETT (Twin Turbocharged 3.8-liter V6)
- The engine performance of the 3 trims is the same
- There is no Manual transmission option
- Titanium muffler (10 kg lighter)
- Anti-theft immobilizer 250,000 yen
There will be 160 high performance centers throughout Japan specialized in servicing the GT-R with GT-R specific mechanics (written in the preorder material)