Volkswagen’s 2017 Passat range is now complete in Australia, with the local arrival of the Passat R-Line grand tourer.
As previewed last month, the R-Line sits at the top of the Passat range locally, available with a single engine and transmission combination priced from $57,990 for the sedan and $59,990 for the wagon - plus on-road costs.
Powering the R-Line is the same 206kW/350Nm 2.0 litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine found in other Volkswagen Group models, such as the Skoda Superb.
The R-Line is only available in Australia with a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, matched with Volkswagen’s 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system.
Features include a flat-bottomed sports steering wheel with paddle shifters, leather R-Line seats, alloy pedals and a new Active Info Display.
Buyers can order a Passat R-Line in dealers from this month, and its arrival coincides with a wider-reaching update for the rest of the Volkswagen Passat range - including the Passat sedan, wagon and Passat Alltrack (pictured, above).
Other Passat models in the range also score the Active Info Display, along with dual-zone climate control with Air Care air-cleaning function, a luggage floor net, Front Assist with City Emergency Brake, electric front seats with massage function for the driver, power folding door mirrors and revised 18-inch alloy wheels (where fitted).
The smaller 17-inch alloys are also new, and changes have been made to the Passat’s Luxury and R-Line option packs.
The 2017 Volkswagen Passat is on sale now, with prices starting from $35,490 plus on-roads.
MORE: Volkswagen Bids Farewell To Scirocco R With Final Wolfsburg Edition
VISIT THE SHOWROOM: Volkswagen Passat models - pricing, features, specifications
MORE News & Reviews: Volkswagen | Passat | Medium
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
2017 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT (all transmissions are automatic)
- Passat 132TSI - 7 Spd DSG - $35,490
- Passat 132TSI Comfortline - 7 Spd DSG - $41,490
- Passat 140TDI Highline - 6 Spd DSG - $47,490
- Passat 206TSI R-Line - 6 Spd DSG - $57,990
- Passat Wagon 132TSI - 7 Spd DSG - $37,490
- Passat Wagon 132TSI Comfortline - 7 Spd DSG - $43,490
- Passat Wagon 140TDI Highline - 6 Spd DSG - $49,490
- Passat Wagon 206TSI R-Line - 6 Spd DSG - $59,990
- Passat Alltrack 140TDI - 6 Spd DSG - $50,790
- Metallic / Pearl Effect Paint - $700
- Driver assistance package - 132TSI - $1,500
- Luxury package - 132TSI Comfortline & 140TDI Highline - $3,500
- R-Line package - 132TSI Comfortline - $3,700
- R-Line package - 140TDI Highline - $3,200
- Panoramic glass sunroof – 206TSI R-Line - $2,000
- Luxury Package - Passat Alltrack - $3,500