Seven years after the departure of the Liberty GT wagon, Subaru australia finally has another turbocharged all-paw performance load-lugger in showrooms - the Levorg.
Launching locally this week, the Levorg melds the WRX’s 197kW/350Nm 2.0 litre engine, CVT transmission and AWD underpinnings with a practical and handsome wagon bodystyle, priced at $42,990 for the base Levorg 2.0GT.
The Levorg 2.0GT-S sits in the middle of the range at $48,890 while the Levorg 2.0GT-S Spec B boasts a slew of STI-branded accessories for $4000 more than the 2.0GT-S model.
The Levorg’s 2650mm wheelbase is identical to the WRX, but at 4690mm long the Levorg is nearly 10cm lengthier than its sedan-bodied cousin. Width is close at 1780mm for the Levorg and 1795mm for the WRX, while the Levorg is taller by 25mm.
Weighing roughly 20kg more than a similarly-specced WRX, the Levorg is only 0.3 seconds slower to 100km/h with a zero-to-hundred sprint time of 6.6 seconds.
Unlike the WRX, however, the Levorg only comes with one transmission choice: a continuously-variable automatic with a “manual” mode that allows the driver to cycle between eight predefined ratios.
Fuel consumption is a claimed 8.7 l/100km on the combined cycle, just 0.1 l/100km more than a CVT-equipped WRX.
Subaru’s SI-Drive switch enables drivers to toggle between engine and transmission tunes, with Sport and Sport# mode providing a more responsive throttle map, gearbox calibration and more permissive stability control settings.
Move up to the 2.0GT-S and handling is boosted by performance-tuned Bilstein dampers, while sports front seats give the interior some athletic appeal. Otherwise, the mechanical specification is quite similar between all three models.
The range-topping Levorg 2.0GT-S Spec B adds a fair whack of visual flair though, and if you’re a fan of Subaru’s STI go-fast division you’ll enjoy geeking out over its STI-branded front splitter, sideskirts, rear spoilers, 18-inch alloys, front strut tower bar and shift knob.
- Dusk-sensing LED headlamps
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 6.2-inch colour touchscreen display
- AM/FM/CD/USB/AUX audio with six speakers
- Rear USB port for second row
- Bluetooth phone/audio integration
- Dual-zone climate control
- Cruise control
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel, cloth upholstery
- Trip computer with 4.3-inch display
- Keyless ignition
- Privacy glass
- Electronic folding mirrors
Levorg 2.0GT-S (over 2.0GT)
- Bilstein sports suspension
- Electric glass sunroof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- High-beam assist
- Heated wing mirrors
- Heated front sports seats, leather upholstery
- 7.0-inch infotainment display with satellite navigation
- 2x USB ports in lower dash
- Rear vehicle detection - Blind spot monitoring, lane change assist, rear cross traffic alert
- Siri hands-free compatibility
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Side view monitor
Levorg 2.0GT-S Spec B (over 2.0GT-S)
- STI shift knob
- STI front spoiler
- STI side skirts
- STI rear spoiler/under spoiler
- STI front strut tower bar
- STI 18-inch alloy wheels (black)
- STI ignition button
The Levorg range is on sale now, with retail pricing as follows:
- Levorg 2.0GT - $42,990
- Levorg 2.0GT-S - $48,890
- Levorg 2.0 GT-S Spec B - $52,990
MORE: Subaru News and Reviews