The Australian International Motor Show rolls around again this week, with Sydney taking a turn in its biennial twin-city partnership with Melbourne. What can we expect this year?
Last year's event, held in Melbourne, saw the local debut of a record number of new model releases, along with a handful of international firsts.
Other concepts on show last year included previews of Holden's new Colorado pickup and the Australian-designed Cruze Hatch, along with Toyota's FT-86 II coupe. Production versions of all three cars are now available in Australia.
Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Tim O'Brien's Wrap-up of the 2011 AIMS in Melbourne
This year will offer more of the same, with a flood of new models and concepts bound for Sydney's Convention Centre.
What's due? Check out our list below, and click through to each one for more information.
- Ford EcoSport SUV (all-new)
- Ford Focus ST (all-new)
- Ford Kuga (all-new for Australia (yes, all-new))
- Holden Colorado 7 4WD SUV (all-new)
- Holden Cruze wagon (all-new)
- Holden Malibu (all-new)
- Holden Volt
- Honda CR-V (all-new)
- Honda Jazz Hybrid (new for Australia)
- Infiniti G37 Coupe (new for Australia)
- Infiniti G37 Convertible (all-new for Australia)
- Jaguar F-Type (all-new)
- Kia Rondo (all-new)
- Kia Quoris (overseas only)
- Mazda6 (all-new)
- Mazda CX-9 (update)
- Mazda MX-5 (update)
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class (all-new)
- Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake (all-new)
- Mitsubishi Outlander (all-new)
- Nissan Patrol (all-new)
- Nissan Pulsar (all-new)
- Nissan Pulsar SSS (all-new)
- Opel Astra OPC (new for Australia)
- Peugeot RCZ (update)
- Range Rover (all-new)
- Toyota Corolla (all-new)
- Volkswagen Caddy Edition 30 (special edition)
- Kia Track'ster
- Lexus LF-LC concept (updated exclusively for AIMS)
- Mercedes-Benz AMG concept trio (world first, never seen)
- Suzuki Swift Sport styling concept
- Woods & Woods concepts (world-first, never seen)
A number of other new models and concepts are also expected, but for now, you'll just have to wait and see...
The 2012 AIMS is open to the public from 19-28 October, but keep an eye on TMR for all the news from the exclusive media day on Thursday.