Priced from $5460, the package adds a host of design tweaks inside and out, along with sports suspension and other components for sharper handling.
The 3 Series M Sport models ride on 19-inch light-alloy wheels and benefit from a 10mm-lower Sport suspension pack with stiffer anti-roll bars, and the M aerodynamics enhancements.
There's also a BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line finish to the exterior highlights, including to the eight-bar kidney grille.
Inside, there's M Sport versions of the steering wheel and door sill trims, along with Dakota leather upholstery, anthracite-coloured roofliner, aluminium trim with Estoril Blue or gloss black highlights, M instrument cluster and two ambient light options.
M Sport brakes can also be added, and the Adaptive M suspension package is available at a reduced price, compared to models not fitted with the M Sport features.
“With more than a quarter of all previous generation 3 Series sold in Australia being optioned with the M Sport Package it is clear that our customers place a premium on performance and sportiness,” BMW Australia boss Phil Horton said.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- M Sport | M Performance | M GmbH
- 3 Series news and reviews | BMW news and reviews
- Enthusiast | Performance
- 318d - $56,400 - M Sport: N/A
- 320i - $57,600 - M Sport: $6,844
- 320d - $60,900 - M Sport: $6,844
- 328i - $64,900 - M Sport: $5,460
- 335i - $91,400 - M Sport: $6,100 (incl. LCT)
Note: prices exclude on-road costs.