Volkswagen's Passat range has been given a number of updates for the 2013 model year, on sale in Australia from September.
Across the range, VW's RNS510 satellite navigation and reversing camera system are now standard, along with voice control, phone connectivity and a 30gb music storage drive.
Top-shelf V6 FSI models also get steering-mounted paddle shifters as standard.
For wagon models, the automatic opening and closing tailgate is now also standard equipment, along with the newly added 'tip to run' feature that switches the tailgate to automatic when attempting to close it manually.
The optional Driver Assistance and Visibility Package now also incorporates the Side Assist lane change assistant, joining the Bi-xenon headlights and Lane Assist.
Mechanically, the Passat range remains unchanged, with powertrain options including the entry-level 118TSI, through to the 125TDI diesel and the range-topping V6 FSI.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Passat news and reviews | Volkswagen news and reviews
- Family Car news and reviews
- Passat 118TSI 7-speed DSG - $38,990
- Passat 125TDI Highline 6-speed DSG - $43,990
- Passat V6 FSI Highline 6-speed DSG - $55,990
- Passat 118TSI Wagon 7-speed DSG - $40,990
- Passat 125TDI Wagon Highline 6-speed DSG - $45,990
- Passat V6 FSI Wagon Highline 6-speed DSG - $57,990