Mitsubishi's Australian-delivered Lancer line-up has been given a 2013 update, bringing new features, a sub-$20,000 entry price and a new LX mid-spec trim grade.
On sale from September 1, the 2013 Lancer range kicks off with the ES model at $19,990 (plus on-roads), falling from the previous year's $21,690 price.
For 2013, the ES picks up Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, a leather-wrapped steering with audio and phone controls, and a new audio system.
The CVT automatic-equipped ES also gains Hill Start Assist for tricky takeoffs.
The new mid-spec 2.0 litre Lancer LX model slots in above the ES, priced from $23,990. Replacing the VR, the LX gets 16-inch alloys, reversing camera and rear parking sensors, keyless entry and start, chrome highlights and side air dams.
In the cabin, the LX features leather seat trim, heated front seats (powered for the driver), a new 6.1 inch colour display, gloss black highlights, climate control, steering-mounted audio and phone controls.
The up-spec VRX and turbocharged Ralliart models add a Rockford Fosgate audio system, including fouro speakers, four tweeters and a subwoofer.
Safety features for the five-star Lancer range remain unchanged for 2013, with Active Stability and Traction Control, ABS, Electronic Brake Distribution, Brake Assist, and seven airbags, including driver and passenger front, side and curtain, and driver knee airbag.
Available colour choices include White, Cool Silver, Warm Silver, Black, Red, Titanium, and the newly introduced Sapphire. ES, LX, VRX and Ralliart models are available in the classic sedan or stylish sportback body shapes.
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- Lancer news and reviews | Mitsubishi news and reviews
- Family Car news and reviews
- 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 5MT - $19,990
- 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer ES CVT - $22,240
- 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer LX 5MT - $23,990
- 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer LX CVT - $26,240
- 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer VRX 5MT - $29,990
- 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer VRX CVT - $32,240
- 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart TC-SST - $44,490