HSV has announced a raft of updates for the '2012.5' model year, celebrating the local performance brand's 25th anniversary.
Among the upgrades is a power hike for the Senator Signature and all R8 cars, climbing from 317kW in the 2011 cars, to 325kW for the new model year.
Along with the power boost, all three R8 models pick up the 'special-edition' 20-inch forged-alloy SV wheels as standard equipment, replacing the regular 19-inch wheel.
Leather seats are also now standard with R8 models, upgrading from the cloth trim of outgoing models.
But while the updates form part of HSV's year-long birthday celebrations, these 2012.5 upgrades come at a cost. The ClubSport R8 manual rises from $67,990 to $71,500, while the Tourer version is up from $68,990 to $72,500.
The Maloo R8 is also now more expensive, priced at $68,500 in manual form - up from $64,990.
Optional extras for the R8 models include gloss-black versions of the SV wheels, and the 'Vector' hood scoops and side vents.
Six-piston HSV brake calipers can also be optioned for the Maloo R8, priced at $3790.
Other features already standard in the R8 models include enhanced driver interface, competitive mode ESC, satellite navigation, rear park assist with rear camera, as well as the hard tonneau and sailplane on the Maloo R8.
Clubsport and Maloo
Off-setting the new standard features and higher prices of R8 models, HSV has brought the 'regular' ClubSport and Maloo badges back to the range.
Both cars retain the 317kW and 550Nm power figures of the pre-update R8 models, and standard features are effectively those offered with their pre-update R8 siblings. The Enhanced Driver Interface will be available as an option.
The ClubSport wears 20-inch alloy wheels and features sport touring suspension, electronic stability control with competition mode, four-piston brake package, satellite navigation and rear park assist with reversing camera.
The Maloo gets the same features, and offers the hard tonneau and performance sailplane as optional extras.
Both the ClubSport sedan and Maloo ute will carry maximum drive-away pricing, pegged at $64,990 and $58,990 respectively, in manual form.
Gaining the same power boost, the 2012.5 Senator Signature also picks up the 20-inch SV wheels in 'dark stainless'.
Side blind-zone alert is also now standard equipment, and six-piston brakes can be added as $3790 optional extras.
The price of the Senator Signature climbs from $83,990 to $86,990.
HSV 25th Anniversary Features
All models pick up new “25th Anniversary” elements, including an HSV 25th Anniversary start-up screen and a build plate, along with an internal ID plate and sill plates.
The GTS remains unchanged, although a new special-edition model is expected to be announced in the near future.
- ClubSport (manual) - $64,990 Drive-away
- Maloo (manual) - $58,990 Drive away
- ClubSport R8 (manual) - $71,500 RRP
- Maloo R8 (manual) - $68,500 RRP
- ClubSport R8 Tourer (manual) - $72,500 RRP
- Senator Signature - $86,990 RRP
- Grange - $88,990 RRP
Note: Recommended Retail Pricing (RRP) includes Luxury Car Tax (where applicable) but does not include Dealer Delivery or Statutory Charges.
- 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select - $2000
- Enhanced Driver Interface (ClubSport & Maloo) - $1190
- 20” SV Performance Forged wheels in Gloss Black - $1250*
- 6-piston brake package (Maloo R8, Senator Signature) - $3790
- Vector Vents & Hood Scoops $590
- Luxury Lip Spoiler $420
- HSV Hard Tonneau & Performance Sailplane (Maloo) - $3990
* No charge when optioned on ClubSport R8, Maloo R8, ClubSport R8 Tourer and Senator Signature
- Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼
- HSV news and reviews | Family Car news and reviews
- Performance Car news and reviews | Enthusiast