Recent spy photos of the 2013 Smart Fortwo Brabus have revealed that the upcoming Fortwo facelift was only going to be a mild revision, and the leaked official images now confirm that.
Both bumpers have been updated, and the smart badge has been moved from the bonnet to the grille. The rear bumper now sports a lower section that looks like a diffuser and houses a twin pipe centre exiting exhaust. And at first glance that is about the extent of it.
There is expected to be a choice of three-cylinder engines on offer:
- petrol micro hybrid, 45kW, combined 4.2l/100 km, CO2 97 g/km
- petrol micro hybrid, 52kW, combined 4.2l/100 km, CO2 97 g/km
- turbo petrol, 62kW, combined 4.9l/100 km, CO2 114 g/km
- turbo petrol, 75kW, combined 5.2l/100 km, CO2 119 g/km
- cdi turbodiesel, 40kW, combined 3.3l/100 km, CO2 86 g/km
Due for an official unveiling at the Geneva Motorshow in March, it is expected that Smart will provide official release information about the 2013 Fortwo over the next few days.