Holden has announced a raft of subtle exterior and interior updates for the 2012 Commodore family, including new wheels, chrome highlights, interior tweaks and a pair of new colour choices.
The new colours include the metallic 'chromatic' teal Chlorophyll, which Holden says is a response to the fashion-driven trend toward colours inspired by nature and environmental elements.
The second, a nod to Holden's motorsport history, is dubbed Perfect Blue and enters the range as an homage to racing legend Peter Brock.
Holden's Colour and Trim boss Sharon Gauci said the new option was inspired by the Formula Blue colour of Brock's 1985 HDT Group A VK SS Commodore.
We wanted the colour to express that unique connection Holden had with Peter, who was an incredibly talented man and a fine ambassador for Holden. Peter left a lasting impression on Holden and our company heritage so Perfect Blue is our way of celebrating his achievements,” Spiteri said.
“Perfect Blue strikes a balance between matching the original and creating a new colour that‟s sympathetic to the modern surface body language of Commodore and Cruze.”
It takes more than a couple of new colours to justify a model update however, and the 2012 Commodore has been given a number of subtle styling tweaks across the range.
Interior And Exterior Updates
2012 Holden Omega
- New seven-spoke 16” alloy wheels
- New chrome-highlighted lower outboard fascia inserts
2012 Holden Berlina
Additional features over Omega include –
- New unique chrome-highlighted fog lamp surrounds
- New interior silver seat stitching to complement the Razor/Onyx leather fabric trim option
2012 Holden Calais
2012 Holden Calais V-Series
- New sedan lip-spoiler, also available as an accessory across the remaining sedan line-up.
2012 Holden Commodore SV6 and SS
- New chrome-highlighted lower air dam and front grille surround
- New interior silver stitching on seat and door trims with Razor/Onyx leather trim
2012 Holden Commodore SS V-Series
Builds on SV6 and SS features with –
- Additional chrome-accented lower outboard inserts
- Redhot interior stitching on seats and door trim for models featuring the Redhot interior trim (only available with Redhot, Phantom and Alto Grey exterior colours)
2012 Holden SS V Redline
Builds on SS V only, with -
- FE3 performance tuned-suspension added to Sportwagon and Ute – now available across all three Commodore body styles
- New 10-spoke 19” polished and forged alloy wheels
- New red-painted Brembo 4-piston front brakes and rear brake callipers
Pricing and Availability
Available from September 13, pricing for the Commodore range remains unchanged for 2012.
Filed under: Featured, Holden, commodore, holden commodore, calais, holden calais, commodore berlina, berlina, ss-v, Commodore SS V, sedan, automatic, Manual, News, performance, Holden SS-V, family, large, Advice, special-featured, holden commodore ss v, enthusiast, 6cyl, 8cyl, holden commodore berlina, holden berlina, 6a, 5m, 2012 holden commodore, 2012 commodore, 2012 holden calais, 2012 calais, 2012 holden ss v, 2012 ss v, 2012 holden commodore ss v, holden ss v redline, holden commodore ss v redline, commodore ss v redline, ss v redline