Suzuki's SX4 small car has come in for a 2012 model-year update, adding a number of convenience features and, in the case of the 2WD model, a few styling tweaks.
For 2012, the front-wheel-drive SX4 picks up its AWD stablemate's exterior looks, including the black wheel arches and underbody guards, and standard-fit roof rails. For the top-shelf S variant in both 2WD and AWD models, 16-inch alloy wheels are now standard.
Other standard features for the SX4 S models include keyless start, cruise control, digital climate control air-conditioning, fog lamps, leather steering wheel, rear roof spoiler and a nine-speaker premium audio system.
The SX4 range comes standard with six airbags and ESC stability control and have earned a high four-star crash rating, following an update earlier this year.
All SX4 variants are powered by a 2.0 litre four-cylinder petrol engine, producing 112kW and 190Nm of torque.
Available transmissions include a six-speed manual and an optional CVT automatic. Fuel consumption for the manual is listed at 7.3 l/100km, and the auto at 7.6 l/100km.
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 2WD hatch (manual) - $18,990
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 2WD hatch (CVT) - $20,990
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 2WD hatch S (manual) - $21,990
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 2WD hatch S (CVT) - $23,990
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 AWD hatch (manual) - $21,990
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 AWD hatch (CVT) - $23,990
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 AWD hatch S (manual) - $24,190
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 AWD hatch S (CVT) - $26,190
Note: prices above are Manufacturer’s List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.
Suzuki is also running an introductory price for the entry-level SX4, with drive-away pricing locked at $19,990.