HONDA AUSTRALIA HAS announced availability of the all-new 2010 Honda VFR1200FA, the latest offering in the nearly two decades-old VFR line.
While it doesn't yet feature the promised dual-clutch transmission (which is expected on a later higher-spec variant), the VFR1200FA promises high-performance touring from its 76° 1237cc V4, producing 129kW at 10,000rpm and 115Nm of torque at 8750rpm.
Weighing in at 266kg, the VFR1200F is be one of the heavier sports-touring bikes on the market. Even heavier is the upcoming dual-clutch model (though an Australian future has not been confirmed), weighing a solid 278kg.
Options include hard panniers, a top box, centre-stand, satellite navigation, fairing extenders that reach up in front of the handlebars, and a flip-up weather screen.
Pricing and Availability
The VFR1200FA is available in Candy Prominence Red and Seal Silver Metallic and is available from Dealers nationally at an MSRP of $24990.
- Engine Type: 4 cyl. V-4 at 76 ° 4T LC SOHC 16-valve Unicam
- Displacement: 1,237 d.c.
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 x 60.0 mm x 4
- Compression ratio: 12 to 1
- Max Power: 172.72 hp at 10,000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 129 Nm / 8750 rpm
- Idling speed 1050 to 1250 rpm
- Crankcase capacity 4 liters
- Power supply: PGM-FI electronic injection
- Clutch: oil, wet
- Clutch Operation: Hydraulic control
- Gearbox: 6 gears
- Final drive: shaft driven single-arm
- Chassis Type: Double beam cast aluminum vacuum mold
- Geometry direction: 25.5 degrees, 101 mm forward
- Swingarm: single-arm aluminum driveshaft
- Front Suspension: Inverted telescopic fork 41 mm HMAS cartridge-type with adjustable spring preload without positions, 120 mm
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link HMAS gas shock, adjustable spring preload 25 positions, 120 mm
- Wheels: Aluminum 17M / C x MT3.50 and 17M / C x MT6.00
- Tires: 120/70 ZR17M / C (58W) and 190/55 ZR17M / C (75W)
- Front brake: 2 hydraulic discs 320mm floating, 6-piston radial calipers
- Rear brake: 1 hydraulic disc 2 piston caliper 276 mm
- Brake System: Combined-ABS
- Ignition system: Digital transistorized with electronic advance computerized control
- Ignition Timing: 6.4 ° -10.4 ° BTDC (idle speed)
- Sparkplug Type: IMR9E-9HES (NGK); VUH27ES (DENSO)
- Starting: Electric Motor
- Battery capacity: 12 V - 11.6 Ah (YTZ14)
- Generator output: 560 W
- Lighthouses: 2 x H7 (2x 55 W)
- Rear: Double Light 21 / 5 W
- Overall length: 2,254 mm
- Width: 886
- Height: 1,220 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,545 mm
- Turning radius: 3.2 m
- Seat height: 815 mm
- Ground Clearance: 125 mm
- Curb weight: 267 kg
- Maximum load capacity: 463 kg
- Fuel tank capacity: 18.5 liters